Hevo can replicate tables from your Postgres database, either hosted by you or in Amazon RDS.
On this page, you will have 2 options for Ingestion mode. This will define how you want Hevo to read your data from Postgres source.
- Table: In this mode, your tables will be polled individually at a fixed frequency. You can use this mode when you are looking to fetch data from multiple tables in your database and you would like to have control over ingestion for every table individually.
- Custom SQL: If you are looking to fetch data in a different structure than how it is stored in your source tables, you can use this mode. It will allow you to write a custom query and data will be polled using that query at a fixed frequency.
- Logical Replication: In this mode, data will be replicated using Postgres Write Ahead Log(WAL) set at a logical level(available on Postgres version 9.4 and above). This mode is useful when you are looking to replicate the complete database as it is. Please note that Hevo will create a new Replication Slot for the Pipeline which may lead to higher disk consumption in your Postgres Database. Read about the instructions to set up the WAL for Logical Replication here.
Provide your Postgres database connection details on Postgres Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Postgres Host - Postgres host's IP address or DNS
- Postgres Port - The port on which your Postgres server is listening for connections (default is 5432)
- Postgres User - The read-only user that can read the tables in your database.
- Postgres Password - Password for the read-only user
- Database Name - The database that you wish to replicate
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check How to Connect through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo's IP addresses as listed here.
- Schema Name - The name of the Schema in the Database
- Connect through SSH - If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check How to Connect through SSH. Also, you will have to whitelist Hevo's IP addresses as listed here.
- Use SSL - Enable it to use SSL encrypted connection. You should also enable this if you are using Heroku Postgres databases.
Job Settings may be required if Hevo needs your inputs to query data from your database. Each Job listed represents a table in your database. Each Job can be configured with a Query Mode. You can read more about Query Modes.