Hevo lets you load data from files in an FTP location into your data warehouse.
Provide FTP connection details on FTP Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Source Name - A unique name for this source.
- Type - Select FTP or SFTP.
- Host - The IP address or the DNS for your FTP location.
- Port - Port at which Hevo can connect with your FTP/SFTP Server.
- User - User to login into the FTP/SFTP server.
- Password - Password to be used to login into the FTP/SFTP server. The password is optional for SFTP type connections. However, in that case, you will have to add our public key displayed on the UI to the .ssh/authorized_keys file on your SFTP Server.
- Prefix - Path Prefix for the data directory. By default, the files are listed from the root of the directory.
- File Format - Choose a file format. Hevo currently supports JSON and CSV formats. Let us know if you need support for a different format.
- Files GZipped - Select this option if the files in your FTP location are GZipped.
- Create Schema from folders - Select this option when your prefix path has subdirectories containing files in different formats. Hevo, in that case, will read each of the subdirectories as a separate event type. Please note, that any files lying at the prefix path(and not in any of the subdirectories) will be ignored.
Things to know:
- Values in the first row of CSV files are treated as field headers.
- Gzipped files will be automatically unzipped on ingestion by Hevo.
- Files are re-ingested on update.