Hevo lets you load data from files in your GCS bucket into your data warehouse.
Connect the Google Account having access to GCS bucket you intend to connect.
- Source Name: A unique name for this source
- Bucket: Name of the bucket from which you want to ingest data.
- Prefix: Path prefix for the data directory. By default, the files are listed from the root of the directory.
- File Format: Choose a file format. Hevo currently supports JSON and CSV formats. Let us know if you need support for a different format.
- Field Delimiter: Character on which fields in each line are separated (example: `\t`, `,`). Applicable for CSV files only.
- Create Event Types from folders: Select this option when your prefix path has subdirectories containing files in different formats. Hevo, in that case, will read each of the subdirectories as a separate event type. Please note, that any files lying at the prefix path (and not in any of the subdirectories) will be ignored.
Things to know
- Values in the first row of CSV files are treated as field headers.
- Gzipped files will be automatically unzipped on ingestion by Hevo.
- Files are re-ingested on updates.