Familiarizing with the Models Interface
The Models overview page is displayed when you click on the MODELS icon in the left pane. Using this page, you can search for and create Models, refine search results using filters, and click on any Model to view its details. The following image highlights the main layout elements and the actions you can perform.
The following table describes these layout elements:
|1||The page heading along with the + Create Model button for creating a Model.|
|2||Search bar. Type the partial or complete name of a Model in the Search Models field to retrieve Models that contain the search string in their name.|
|3||Total number of Models existing in the system for your team.|
|4||Filter bar. Select values from the available drop-downs to filter the search results. You can filter the results by:
- The destination on which the Model is configured.
- The Status of the Model run.
- The timeline when the Model was added.
|5||List area. This displays the list of Models created by the user, and is refreshed based on the search string.|
|6||Model summary row that lists key details about the Model. Hevo displays the following key details along with the Model name to give you a quick assessment of the state of the Model:
- The Model serial number assigned at the time of creation. This number is assigned sequentially. For example, #81.
- The time of the last run of the Model.
- The status of the latest run. If a run is in progress, the status is Streaming.
- The destination on which the Model is created.
- The output table for storing the query results. For example, applicant_list.
- The Set Schedule icon that allows you to define the schedule for the Model to run.
Click anywhere in the Model Summary row to open it in a new window and view more information about it. The following image highlights the main layout elements that are displayed and the actions you can perform in the page.
The table below describes these key elements of the page:
|1||The navigation bar with links to Source Query, Query History, Preview, and Activity Log|
|2||Search Anything field. Click in the field to open the Search window.
You can search for anything, such as, Pipelines, Models, Workflows, and Destinations. Results matching the search string are displayed from all categories.
|3||Model Summary bar. It displays:
- The Model name and the destination it is built on. When you start to create a Model, it is created in Draft state with name as Untitled. You must update it to the name you want.
- The status of the current run.
- Details of the last run.
- The schedule of the run. You can change this.
You can click on the vertical ellipse icon to run the Model or delete it.
Models created in the older version are identified by the Legacy tag.
|4||Destination database name, its last refresh time, and its schema. Click the info icon to view the database connection details. Schema information is useful while creating the SQL query or changing the output table.|
|5||Output table (Export Table) details. This is the table to which the query results are exported. You can change the export table or reset the Model entirely. For example, to migrate a legacy Model to Version 2.0, you need to reset the Model. See Creating and Modifying Models for more information.|
|6||Hevo’s Query Builder. You can create and test the SQL queries for your Models here. You can also run the query; the elapsed time is shown alongside the Run Query button. For incremental Models, Save Query button also provides you an option of Save and Reset Model. See section Creating and Modifying Models for more information.|