Google Search Console
ON THIS PAGE
Google Search Console enables you to analyze your sites’ search performance metrics. Once you have your sites’ performance data in a warehouse, you can monitor the performance and plan changes to improve your sites’ rank on Google Search.
Hevo replicates the data to your warehouse in the form of dimensions and facts. You can then use tools of your choice for monitoring, reporting, analytics, etc.
Note: Hevo uses Google Search Console’s APIs to replicate the data and is subject to limits and quotas on it.
- Please ensure that you have added the properties to your account. Please refer to this guide.
- Please ensure you have any of the permissions mentioned here.
Steps to set up a Google Search Console pipeline
- Click on Google Search Console on the Select Source Type page.
- Select an existing Google Search Console account or add a new one by clicking on ADD ANOTHER ACCOUNT and clicking on Allow when prompted.
- Select the properties/sites whose performance you want to analyze.
- Enter a unique name for your pipeline.
- Click on Test and Continue.
- Select the destination to replicate the Google Search Console data or click on ADD NEW DESTINATION to set up a new destination. The destination section provides steps for setting up a destination.
- That’s it! Your data will be ingested soon.
Note: The position of each object will be 3 days before the current day.
|Field Name||Data Type||Description|
|__hevo_id||String||Hash of other fields in the table. These fields together represent a unique record in the table. E.g in page_report table,
|average_ctr||Float||Click-through rate: the click count divided by the impression count.|
|average_position||Float||The location of the property or its page on the Google search results page is called its position.|
|clicks||Integer||Any click that sends the user to a page outside of Google Search is counted as a click.|
|country||String||The country where the search came from; E.g, Canada or Mexico.|
|date||Timestamp||The date for which the data was collected.|
|device||String||The type of device on which the user is searching: desktop, tablet, or mobile.|
|impressions||Integer||A link URL records an impression when it appears in a search result for a user.|
|last_analyzed_ts||Timestamp||The date of the last time a page appeared in a search result.|
|last_downloaded_sitemap_ts||Timestamp||The timestamp of the last time the sitemap was downloaded for this property.|
|last_submitted_sitemap_ts||Timestamp||The timestamp of the last time the sitemap was submitted for this property.|
|page_id||String||Hash of the page_url.|
|page_url||String||The final URL linked by a Search result.|
|search_appearance||String||Special search result feature such as a rich result type or an AMP.|
|search_query||String||The query strings that users searched for on Google.|
|search_type||String||In Google search, you can search under 3 different search types: web, image, and video search.|
|site_id||String||Hash of the site_url.|
|site_url||String||The URL of the site or property in your Google Search Console account.|
Note: last_downloaded_sitemap_ts and last_submitted_sitemap_ts are not supported for domain type properties. This is due to a limitation in the Google Search Console API.