- About Hevo
- Hevo Features
- Hevo System Architecture
- Core Concepts
- Free Trials
- Regulatory Compliance
- Scheduling a Demo
- Hevo Support
- General FAQs
- Getting Started
- Creating an Account in Hevo
- Connecting Through SSH
- Connecting Through Reverse SSH Tunnel
- Using Google Account Authentication
- How Hevo Authenticates Sources and Destinations using OAuth
- Reauthorizing an OAuth Account
- Familiarizing with the UI
- Creating your First Pipeline
- Data Loss Prevention and Recovery
- Data Ingestion
- Types of Data Synchronization
- Ingestion Modes and Query Modes for Database Sources
- Ingestion and Loading Frequency
- Data Ingestion Statuses
- Deferred Data Ingestion
- Handling of Primary Keys
- Handling of Updates
- Handling of Deletes
- Hevo-generated Metadata
- Data Loading
- Loading Data in a Database Destination
- Loading Data to a Data Warehouse
- Optimizing Data Loading for a Destination Warehouse
- Manually Triggering the Loading of Events
- Scheduling Data Load for a Destination
- Loading Events in Batches
- Data Loading Statuses
- Data Spike Alerts
- Name Sanitization
- Table and Column Name Compression
- Parsing Nested JSON Fields in Events
- Data Flow in a Pipeline
- Familiarizing with the Pipelines UI
Working with Pipelines
- Best Practices for Creating Database Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Connectivity Check for RDBMS Sources
- Scheduling a Pipeline
- Modifying a Pipeline
- Prioritizing a Pipeline
- Viewing Pipeline Progress
- Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline
- Log-based Pipelines
- Troubleshooting Data Replication Errors
- Managing Objects in Pipelines
Python Code-Based Transformations
- Supported Python Modules and Functions
Transformation Methods in the Event Class
- Create an Event
- Retrieve the Event Name
- Rename an Event
- Retrieve the Properties of an Event
- Modify the Properties for an Event
- Fetch the Primary Keys of an Event
- Modify the Primary Keys of an Event
- Fetch the Data Type of a Field
- Check if the Field is a String
- Check if the Field is a Number
- Check if the Field is Boolean
- Check if the Field is a Date
- Check if the Field is a Time Value
- Check if the Field is a Timestamp
- Convert Date String to Required Format
- Convert Date to Required Format
- Convert Datetime String to Required Format
- Convert Epoch Time to a Date
- Convert Epoch Time to a Datetime
- Convert Epoch to Required Format
- Convert Epoch to a Time
- Get Time Difference
- Parse Date String to Date
- Parse Date String to Datetime Format
- Parse Date String to Time
- Examples of Python Code-based Transformations
Drag and Drop Transformations
- Special Keywords
Transformation Blocks and Properties
- Add a Field
- Change Datetime Field Values
- Change Field Values
- Drop Events
- Drop Fields
- Find & Replace
- Flatten JSON
- Format Date to String
- Format Number to String
- Hash Fields
- Mask Fields
- Modify Text Casing
- Parse Date from String
- Parse JSON from String
- Parse Number from String
- Rename Events
- Rename Fields
- Round-off Decimal Fields
- Split Fields
- Examples of Drag and Drop Transformations
- Effect of Transformations on the Destination Table Structure
- Transformation Reference
- Transformation FAQs
- Python Code-Based Transformations
- Using Schema Mapper
- Mapping Statuses
- Auto Mapping Event Types
- Manually Mapping Event Types
- Modifying Schema Mapping for Event Types
- Schema Mapper Actions
- Fixing Unmapped Fields
- Resolving Incompatible Schema Mappings
- Resizing String Columns in the Destination
- Schema Mapper Compatibility Table
- Limits on the Number of Destination Columns
- File Log
- Troubleshooting Failed Events in a Pipeline
- Mismatch in Events Count in Source and Destination
- Activity Log
- Can multiple Sources connect to one Destination?
- What happens if I re-create a deleted Pipeline?
- Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
- Can I change the Destination post-Pipeline creation?
- Why is my billable Events high with Delta Timestamp mode?
- Can I drop multiple Destination tables in a Pipeline at once?
- How does Run Now affect scheduled ingestion frequency?
- Will pausing some objects increase the ingestion speed?
- Can I see the historical load progress?
- Why is my Historical Load Progress still at 0%?
- Why is historical data not getting ingested?
- How do I set a field as a primary key?
- How do I ensure that records are loaded only once?
- Events Usage
- Free Sources
Databases and File Systems
- Data Warehouses
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Generic MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas
- Support for Multiple Data Types for the _id Field
- Example - Merge Collections Feature
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1001 - Incorrect credentials
- Error 1005 - Connection timeout
- Error 1006 - Invalid database hostname
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1008 - Database unreachable
- Error 1011 - Insufficient access
- Error 1028 - Primary/Master host needed for OpLog
- Error 1029 - Version not supported for Change Streams
- SSL 1009 - SSL Connection Failure
- Troubleshooting MongoDB Change Streams Connection
- Troubleshooting MongoDB OpLog Connection
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Amazon RDS SQL Server
- Azure SQL Server
- Google Cloud SQL Server
- Generic SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server FAQs
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud MySQL
- Generic MySQL
- MariaDB MySQL
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1003 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1006 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1011 - Access denied
- Error 1012 - Replication access denied
- Error 1017 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1026 - Failed to connect to database
- Error 1027 - Unsupported BinLog format
- Failed to determine binlog filename/position
- Schema 'xyz' is not tracked via bin logs
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- MySQL FAQs
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Errors during Pipeline creation
- Error 1003 - Authentication failure
- Error 1006 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1011 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1012 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1014 - Database does not exist
- Error 1017 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1023 - No pg_hba.conf entry
- Error 1024 - Number of requested standby connections
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors during Pipeline creation
- PostgreSQL FAQs
- Troubleshooting Database Sources
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- FTP / SFTP
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Android SDK
- Writing JSONPath Expressions
REST API FAQs
- Why does my REST API token keep changing?
- Can I use a bearer authorization token for authentication?
- Does Hevo’s REST API support API chaining?
- What is the maximum payload size returned by a REST API?
- How do I split an Event into multiple Event Types?
- How do I split multiple values in a key into separate Events?
- Jira Cloud
- QuickBooks Time
- Finance & Accounting Analytics
- Amazon Ads
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Page Insights
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Play Console
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- SendGrid Webhook
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- YouTube Analytics
- Product Analytics
Sales & Support Analytics
- Help Scout
- Hub Planner
- Salesforce Bulk API V2
- Toggl Track
- From how far back can the Pipeline ingest data?
- Can I connect to a Source not listed in Hevo?
- Can I connect a local database as a Source?
- How can I push data to Hevo API?
- How do I connect a CSV file as a Source?
- Why are my selected Source objects not visible in the Schema Mapper?
- How does the Merge Table feature work?
- Familiarizing with the Destinations UI
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- SQL Server
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Limitations of using MySQL as a Destination
- Structure of Data in the Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Amazon Redshift Destination
- Amazon Redshift FAQs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Clustering in BigQuery
- Partitioning in BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Near Real-time Data Loading using Streaming
- Troubleshooting Google BigQuery
- Google BigQuery FAQs
- Hevo Managed Google BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Snowflake
- Snowflake FAQs
- Amazon Redshift
- Can I move data between SaaS applications using Hevo?
- Can I change the primary key in my Destination table?
- How do I change the data type of table columns?
- Can I change the Destination table name after creating the Pipeline?
- How can I change or delete the Destination table prefix?
- How do I resolve duplicate records in the Destination table?
- How do I enable or disable deduplication of records?
- Why does my Destination have deleted Source records?
- How do I filter deleted Events from the Destination?
- Does a data load regenerate deleted Hevo metadata columns?
- Can I load data to a specific Destination table?
- How do I filter out specific fields before loading data?
- How do I sort the data in the Destination?
- dbt™ Models
- Familiarizing with the Models UI
- Types of Models
- Key Features
- Working with SQL Models
- Previewing a Model
- Viewing the Query History
- Legacy Models
- Models FAQs
- Account Management
- Personal Settings
- Team Settings
- Pricing Plans
- Time-based Events Buffer
- Setting up Pricing Plans, Billing, and Payments
- On-Demand Purchases
- Billing Alerts
- Viewing Billing History
- Billing Notifications
- Can I get a plan apart from the Starter plan?
- Are free trial Events charged once I purchase a plan?
- For how long can I stay on the Free plan?
- How can I upgrade my plan?
- Is there a discount for non-profit organizations?
- Can I seek a refund of my payment?
- Do ingested Events count towards billing?
- Will Pipeline get paused if I exceed the Events quota?
- Will the initial load of data be free?
- Does the Hevo plan support multiple Destinations?
- Do rows loaded through Models count in my usage?
- Is Hevo subscription environment-specific?
- Can I pause billing if I have no active Pipelines?
- Can you explain the pricing plans in Hevo?
- Where do I get invoices for payments?
- Account Suspension and Restoration
- Account Management FAQs
- Activate Concepts
- Familiarizing with the Activate UI
- Working with Activate
- Activate Warehouses
- Activate Targets
- Release Notes
- Release Version 2.18
- Release Version 2.17
- Release Version 2.16
- Release Version 2.15
- Release Version 2.14
- Release Version 2.13
- Release Version 2.12
- Release Version 2.11
- Release Version 2.10
- Release Version 2.09
- Release Version 2.08
- Release Version 2.07
- Release Version 2.06
- Release Version 2.05
- Release Version 2.04
- Release Version 2.03
- Release Version 2.02
- Release Version 2.01
- Release Version 2.00
- Release Version 1.99
- Release Version 1.98
- Release Version 1.97
- Release Version 1.96
- Release Version 1.95
- Release Version 1.93 & 1.94
- Release Version 1.92
- Release Version 1.91
- Release Version 1.90
- Release Version 1.89
- Release Version 1.88
- Release Version 1.87
- Release Version 1.86
- Release Version 1.84 & 1.85
- Release Version 1.83
- Release Version 1.82
- Release Version 1.81
- Release Version 1.80 (Jan-24-2022)
- Release Version 1.79 (Jan-03-2022)
- Release Version 1.78 (Dec-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.77 (Dec-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.76 (Nov-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.75 (Nov-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.74 (Oct-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.73 (Oct-04-2021)
- Release Version 1.72 (Sep-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.71 (Sep-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.70 (Aug-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.69 (Aug-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.68 (Jul-26-2021)
- Release Version 1.67 (Jul-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.66 (Jun-28-2021)
- Release Version 1.65 (Jun-14-2021)
- Release Version 1.64 (Jun-01-2021)
- Release Version 1.63 (May-19-2021)
- Release Version 1.62 (May-05-2021)
- Release Version 1.61 (Apr-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.60 (Apr-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.59 (Mar-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.58 (Mar-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.57 (Feb-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.56 (Feb-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.55 (Jan-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.54 (Jan-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.53 (Dec-22-2020)
- Release Version 1.52 (Dec-03-2020)
- Release Version 1.51 (Nov-10-2020)
- Release Version 1.50 (Oct-19-2020)
- Release Version 1.49 (Sep-28-2020)
- Release Version 1.48 (Sep-01-2020)
- Release Version 1.47 (Aug-06-2020)
- Release Version 1.46 (Jul-21-2020)
- Release Version 1.45 (Jul-02-2020)
- Release Version 1.44 (Jun-11-2020)
- Release Version 1.43 (May-15-2020)
- Release Version 1.42 (Apr-30-2020)
- Release Version 1.41 (Apr-2020)
- Release Version 1.40 (Mar-2020)
- Release Version 1.39 (Feb-2020)
- Release Version 1.38 (Jan-2020)
- Upcoming Features
From Release Version 2.15, Hevo has stopped supporting Xero as a Source. As a result, you will not be able to create Pipelines for this Source. However, the existing Pipelines will continue to ingest data.
Xero is an online accounting software that provides business owners with an understanding of their cash flow by highlighting details such as bank balances, outstanding invoices, upcoming bills, and expense claims.
You can use Hevo Pipelines to replicate the data from your Xero account to the Destination system. For this, you must authorize Hevo to access the account’s data.
One Pipeline can be associated with only one Xero account. However, each account can include multiple organizations.
Note: Xero imposes limits on the number of transactions of different types that a company may process in a given amount of time. Hence, it is not a suitable choice for businesses with a high volume of transactions.
An active Xero account from which data is to be ingested exists.
Configuring Xero as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Xero as a Source in Hevo:
Click PIPELINES in the Navigation Bar.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Xero.
In the Configure your Xero account page, do one of the following:
Select a previously configured account and click CONTINUE.
Click + ADD XERO ACCOUNT and perform the following steps to configure an account:
Log in to your Xero account.
In the drop-down, select the organization whose data you want to access.
Note: Xero allows you to select only one organization at a time. You can add more organizations in the subsequent steps.
Click Allow access to authorize Hevo to access the selected organization’s data.
In the Configure your Xero Source page, specify the following:
Pipeline Name: A unique name for the Pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters.
Select Organizations: One or more organizations whose data you want to ingest.
Note: You must individually authorize Hevo on each organization you select.
To add more organizations, click + Add another Organization and repeat Steps 6 and 7.
The organization(s) you added are now available for selection in the Select Organizations drop-down.
Historical Sync Duration: The duration for which you want to ingest the existing data from the Source. Default duration: 1 Year.
Note: If you select All Available Data, Hevo ingests all the data available in your Xero account since January 01, 2010.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Select the check box next to the objects you want to replicate to your Destination.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|15 Mins||15 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
Note: The custom frequency must be set in hours, as an integer value. For example, 1, 2, 3 but not 1.5 or 1.75.
Historical Data: The first run of the Pipeline ingests historical data for the selected objects on the basis of the historical sync duration specified at the time of creating the Pipeline and loads it to the Destination. Default duration: 1 Year.
Incremental Data: Once the historical load is complete, all new and updated records are synchronized with your Destination on a daily basis.
Archived and Deleted Objects
Hevo tracks the archived and deleted records using the Xero
status property. For the archived or deleted records, Hevo sets the
is_deleted column to True in the ingested data and the Destination.
Note: Hevo does not set values for
DELETED records in the hevo-generated tables for line item objects such as Credit Note Line Item, Invoice Line Item, and Purchase Order Line Item. This is done because fetching data from Xero and populating it for the parent objects and the corresponding line item objects leads to increased costs. Hence, Hevo sets values for
DELETED records only for the parent objects such as Credit Note, Invoice, and Purchase Order.
Hevo identifies the
DELETED records from the Xero
status property and replicates that information for the following objects:
|Object Name||Event Type Tracked|
Schema and Primary Keys
Hevo uses the following schema to upload the records in the Destination:
The following tables (objects) are created in the Destination when you run the Pipeline:
Note: Hevo generates line item objects for some of the Xero objects that contain a list of items having their own attributes for easier querying and replication.
|Account||Contains the complete chart of accounts.|
|Assets||Contains the list of assets configured on your Xero account.|
|Asset Types||Contains the details relating to the types of assets configured in your Xero account.|
|Balance Sheet Report (Finance)||Contains the details relating to the financial position of a Xero organization.|
|Bank Summary Report||Contains the balances and cash movements for each bank account.|
|Bank Transaction||Contains the detailed information about the money transactions, overpayments, and prepayments.|
|Bank Transaction Line Item||Contains the details of a bank transaction. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Bank Transfer||Contains the list of bank transfers initiated in an account.|
|Benefits||Contains the details of the employer pension contributions for a Xero organization.|
|Branding Theme||Contains the data relating to the branding guidelines for document formats. It contains links to the logos and names that can be used. This is a standalone object.|
|Budget Summary Report||Contains the summary of the monthly budget.|
|Contact||Contains the detailed information about the contact(s) of the organization associated with the Xero account.|
|Contact Group||Contains the details of a contact group along with its activity status.|
|Contact Group Mapping||Contains the data relating to the mapping between Contact Groups and Contacts.|
|Credit Note||Contains the data related to any credit notes issued to the customers.
A credit note in Xero is a commercial document that is issued to a customer when a refund against an already-issued invoice is not possible or when an original invoice amount needs to be rectified. For example, the amount may need to be refunded if a customer received damaged goods. The credit note can be adjusted against a future invoice.
|Credit Note Contains||Contains the individual adjustments or refunds that you are adding to a credit note associated with an invoice. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Credit Note Allocation||Contains the details about allocation of credit notes against outstanding invoices. Only a valid and authorized credit note can be allocated to an invoice.|
|Currency||Contains the list active currencies for a Xero organization. This is a standalone object.|
|Employee||Contains the employees listed on Xero payroll.|
|Executive Summary Report||Contains the summary, including monthly totals and common business ratios.|
|Expense Claim||Contains the details relating to the one or many expense claims.|
|Files||Contains data about files stored and synced on Xero’s cloud.|
|Folders||Contains data about folders stored and synced on Xero’s cloud.|
|Inbox (Folders)||Contains the folder object that acts as the inbox for emailing and managing downloaded files.|
|Invoice||Contains the data relating to sales invoices and purchase bills.|
|Invoice Contains||Contains line item details for each invoice. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Journal||Contains the general journal ledger of all transactions for all accounts.|
|Journal Line||Contains line item details for each journal entry. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Leave Application||Contains the data about the payroll leave applications in a Xero organization.|
|Manual Journal||Contains the details relating to the manual journals.|
|Organisation||Contains the list of organizations, along with their details.|
|Overpayment||Contains data about overpayments, along with the associated line item level data.|
|Overpayment Line Item||Contains line item details for each overpayment. This is a Hevo-generated object|
|Payments||Contains the data about the payments made for invoices and credit notes.|
|Payment Services||Contains information relating to the related payments done using the online invoicing functionality in a Xero organization.|
|Payroll Calendar||Contains the list of payroll calendars in a Xero organization.|
|Payroll Settings||Contains the payroll settings for a Xero organization.|
|Prepayment||Contains data about prepayments along with the associated line item level data.|
|Prepayment Line Item||Contains line item details for each prepayment. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Profit and Loss Report (Finance)||Contains the standard financial report providing detailed year to date income and expense for an organization.|
|Projects||Contains your active projects available in your Xero Account.|
|Project Users||Represent the list of users associated with each project in your Xero account.|
|Purchase Orders||Contains the list of purchase orders.|
|Purchase Order Line Item||Contains the line item details for each purchase order. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Receipt||Contains the list of draft receipts.|
|Receipt Line Item||Contains line item details for each receipt. This is a Hevo-generated object.|
|Settings||Retrieves the organizational settings for all the assets.|
|Superannuation||Contains the details of a superannuation in a Xero organization.|
|Super Fund||Contains the data related to the superannuation funds in a Xero organization.|
|Super Fund Product||Contains the data related to the payroll regulated superannuation fund products available in a Xero organization.|
|Taxes||Contains the tax-related details for an employee in a Xero organization.|
|Tracking Category||Contains the tracking categories and options for a Xero organization.|
|Tracking Category Option||Contains the list of tracking category option settings for a user.|
|Trial Balance Report||Contains the detailed year-to-date list of the accounts along with their revenue and expense items.|
|User||Contains the list of verified users who are using Xero.|
|Deductions (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the deductions made towards any employee.|
|Earning Orders (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the orders made by an employee.|
|Earning Rates (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the earning rates.|
|Employees (Payroll)||Contains the employee(s) in the organization’s payroll.|
|Leave Types (Payroll)||Contains the list of the leave types available for an employee.|
|Pay Items (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the payroll items.|
|Payrun (Payroll)||Contains the list of all employees’ pay runs.|
|Payrun Calendar (Payroll)||Contains the list of the pay run calendar.|
|Payslips (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the payslips.|
|Reimbursements (Payroll)||Contains the list of all the reimbursements claimed by each employee.|
|Settings (Payroll)||Contains the list of payroll settings.|
|Statutory Deduction (Payroll))||Contains the summary of an employee’s statutory deductions.|
|Statutory Leaves (Payroll)||Contains the summary of an employee’s statutory leaves.|
|Timesheets (Payroll)||Contains the list of all employee timesheets.|
Note: The Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports from Xero contain data as a nested array of JSON strings. To structure this data in a tabular form for better readability, contact the Hevo Support team.
Read the detailed Hevo documentation for the following related topics:
Xero only processes a defined number of API requests per organization or account. Due to this limit, Xero does not support processing high volume of transactions. Read API Limits.
Payroll objects are available only for the organizations belonging to New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Australia that have completed the Payroll Setup process.
Xero does not support authenticating multiple organizations at the same time.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Aug-18-2023||NA||Updated the page overview to add information about Hevo removing support for Xero as a Source.|
|Feb-20-2023||NA||Updated section, Configuring Xero as a Source to update the information about historical sync duration.|
|Jun-09-2022||NA||- Updated the page overview and the Source Considerations section with information regarding Xero’s limitation.
- Added section, Archived and Deleted Objects.
|Apr-11-2022||1.86||Updated the Data Model section with the latest list of objects, their respective descriptions and a note about restructuring report data.|
|Oct-25-2021||NA||Added the Pipeline frequency information in the Data Replication section.|