Welcome to Hevo, the easiest and the fastest ELT on cloud! Using Hevo Pipelines, ingest data from a variety of applications and systems into a database or data warehouse in near real time. To get started, you essentially need:
- An active Hevo account. You can start with a 14-day full feature, free trial account.
- Access to the Source system (Integration) where your data resides.
- A Destination (a database or data warehouse) to which the data must be replicated.
Hevo provides a quick 4-step process to set up a data Pipeline. A simple Pipeline can be set up in less than 3 minutes whereas a complex one could take you around 30 minutes.
Here are the steps for setting up a Pipeline in Hevo:
- Select and configure your data Source.
- Select the objects/tables to be replicated.
- Select and configure the Destination.
- Optionally, set up transformations.
Ta-da! Your Pipeline setup is complete.
Post setup, Hevo moves data to the Destination in 2 steps:
- Pulls the historical data from the Source in batches and loads them to the Destination
- Once the historical load completes, Hevo pulls data from the Source in micro-batches at frequent intervals (depending on Source configuration) and applies them to the Destination.
Here are the steps in more detail:
Select and configure the Source:
a. Start creating a Pipeline.
b. Select the Source Type.
c. Configure the Source.
Select objects/tables to be replicated:
Select and configure the Destination:
a. Select a Destination Type.
b. Configure the Destination.
Optionally, set up transformations to cleanse the Source data or enrich it in any other way.
Hevo provides you many options that enable you to fine tune the data replication process and organize the data for analysis post-replication. Browse through the contents of this site to familiarize yourself with the Hevo product and these important functionalities encapsulated within it.