ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can bring marketing and email data from your SendGrid account into your Destination. Hevo requires your SendGrid account’s API key.
Setting up your HEVO pipeline with SendGrid as a source.
- Click on create new Pipeline and choose SendGrid as a source.
- Go to your SendGrid account, open Settings > Tracking and activate the following tracking settings.
- Now, open Settings > API Keys in the SendGrid dashboard.
- Click on Create API Key.
- Choose Restricted access and make sure the permissions set are the same as below.
- Copy the generated API key and paste into the ‘Api Key’ field in your HEVO pipeline setup.
- It’s recommended to enable flatten nested structs and arrays in the final settings to ensure that the json data is flattened. More on this here
- All done! your data will be ingested soon.
- If you change the timezone in your SendGrid account, it is required to edit the pipeline configuration and choose the new timezone and click on test and save.
- SendGrid email activity is not supported through this source. If you want your email activity data to be moved to your destination, please use SendGrid Webhook.
Hevo ingests the following data from your SendGrid account
- Contacts - SendGrid Contacts are used to store information about recipients of marketing and transactional emails.
- Marketing Campaigns (Single Sends) - Campaigns are used to send custom email templates to targeted recipient segments.
- Lists - Lists are static collections of Marketing Campaigns contacts.
- Unsubscribe Groups - Unsubscribe Groups are groups of contacts who have opted to be unsubscribed for certain types of emails.
- Custom Fields - Custom Fields allow you to add extra information about your contacts to your contact database.
- Segments - Segments are dynamic collections of Marketing Campaigns contacts grouped, or segmented, based on the criteria you define.
- Stats - Track the actions taken on your emails by recipients (e.g, clicks, opens, etc).
- Global Stats - All of your statistics, aggregated in one place so you can see the high level view of everything.
- Mailbox Provider Stats - See all the statistics for your emails segmented by mailbox providers (e.g, Gmail, Outlook, etc).
- Device Based Stats - Find out which devices your recipients use to view your mail and see the statistics.
- Client Based Stats - Find out which applications your recipients use to view your mail and see the statistics.
- Global Location Based Stats - See where you get the best engagement and compare engagement by Country.
- Country Location Based Stats - Analyze engagement by state/province.
- Browser Based Stats - See all the statistics for the web browsers your users view your emails from.
- Suppressions - Track the action taken by SendGrid on your email sends.
- Blocks - Track which emails were blocked.
- Bounces - Track which email sends were bounced by mail servers.
- Invalid Emails - Track which email addresses were marked as invalid.
- Spam Reports - Track which emails were marked as spam.
- Global Unsubscribes - Track which email addresses opted out of all of your single sends.
- Group Unsubscribes - Track which email addresses opted out of specific single sends.
- Templates - Templates are pre-coded email layouts.
- Transactional Templates - Transactional email templates are pre-coded email layouts which can be used to easily create transactional email campaigns.
- Transactional Template Versions - Transactional template versions are the different implementations of the templates with different content and subject.
- The read position for stat based data will be the last date with non zero data collected, this is because of how SendGrid’s API works.
- For country location based stats, only USA and Canada are supported by SendGrid currently.