Two Factor Authentication
ON THIS PAGE
With Two Factor Authentication (also known as 2-Step Verification), you add an extra layer of security to your account. After you set it up, you’ll need to enter the verification code generated by your mobile device on every login. Two Factor Authentication can help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password.
Steps to Enable Two Factor Authentication
- From your dashboard navigate to Admin > Settings > Personal > Two Factor Authentication. Under Two Factor Authentication, click on Enable.
- Scan the QR code shown in Google Authenticator app (or any other equivalent app) on your mobile. Enter the verification code generated by your device.
- Download the recovery codes shown after the setup is done. Recovery Codes help you gain access to your Hevo account if you lose your smartphone. You should Copy or Download the codes to somewhere safe
Download Recovery codes
- From your dashboard navigate to Admin > Settings > Personal > Two Factor Authentication. Under Recovery Codes, click on “View Codes”.
- Click on Download link to download the codes to your device.
Login using Recovery Codes
If you do not have your device with you, simply enter one of the backup codes instead of the verification code while logging into Hevo. Backup codes can be used only once. You can regenerate backup codes any time if you consume all the backup codes or lose them.
Note: Currently, social login is not supported if you have enabled Two Factor Authentication for your account.
Steps to Disable Two Factor Authentication
- From your dashboard navigate to Admin > Settings > Personal > Two Factor Authentication. Under Two Factor Authentication, click on Disable.
As a team owner, you can also enforce Two Factor Authentication across your team.