ON THIS PAGE
Does creation of Pipeline incur cost?
Creation of Pipelines does not incur cost. Costs are incurred for the Events that are loaded to a Destination based on the quota available in your pricing plan. This applies even for users on Free plans.
Hevo Trial Accounts are free. Therefore, during the trial period, there are no restrictions and you can load unlimited Events to the Destination. Once you switch over to a plan, the cost is decided based on your plan’s quota.
A paused or deleted Pipeline does not incur cost.
Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
Hevo is built on real-time data ingestion architecture. That means Hevo ingests data in real-time and writes to the Destination as soon as possible. Hevo’s architecture allows it to scale horizontally whenever it detects a higher volume of Events being ingested through the Pipelines. Still, there are situations where you might see a delay in your Pipelines, such as:
- Increase in Events being ingested from one or more of your Pipelines. In such a scenario, you may want to pause the Pipelines which are showing the highest activity depending on their criticality and resume these in an off-peak hour.
- Replay of a large number of failed Events in one or more of your Pipelines. Replayed Events are fed back to the Pipelines and share the same resources that are used by the Pipeline itself. In this scenario, you can stop replaying the Events in the Pipeline from the Pipeline Overview page.
- Slow Destination. In cases of Destinations where data upload is not done through files, for example, MySQL and Postgres, the Pipeline may experience delays. This happens because Hevo is not able to write data into the Destination as fast as it is ingesting it from the Source. If you think the slowness in the Destination is a temporary situation, you may wait till it gets resolved, else you should upgrade the hardware configuration of the Destination to allows it to accept a higher rate of writes.
Things to Note
- Delay in one Pipeline may result in a delay in other Pipelines too in your account, as they all share and compete for the same resources.
- Pipelines across different accounts in Hevo do not affect each other.
When should I pause vs delete my Pipeline?
You can opt to pause an active Pipeline when you want to hold off the ingestion for sometime and resume it later.
However, if you do not need a Pipeline anymore, you can go ahead and delete it. Deleting a Pipeline may also help in freeing up your Source quota. The deleted Pipeline will no longer be accessible and you cannot restore a deleted Pipeline.
Read more about Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline.
Can I import standard Python libraries in transformation?
Hevo supports the Jython environment. Jython does not support third-party Python libraries that use extensions written in C. This means that popular Python libraries like
scikit-learn will not work in Jython.
Read Python, Jython and Java to know more.
Why am I getting warnings while adding Pipelines?
If you exhaust your quota of Sources, Hevo warns you that no Sources are available for creating a Pipeline.
If you are on a Business plan, you can increase your Source quota by contacting the Hevo Sales team. Read Purchasing Additional Sources and Events.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to the page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|09-Mar-2021||NA||- New document.
- Merged the Why is there a delay in my Pipeline? FAQ into this document.