On This Page
Mixpanel is a user analytics service that tracks user interactions with web and mobile applications and provides tools for targeted communication with them.
You can load your Mixpanel events to the Destination system using Hevo Pipelines.
You must have the Mixpanel API Secret to provide Hevo with access to your Mixpanel account. Read more about how to find your Mixpanel API Secret Key here.
Configuring Mixpanel as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Mixpanel as the Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Asset Palette.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Mixpanel.
In the Configure your Mixpanel Source page, specify the following:
- Pipeline Name: A unique name for your Pipeline.
- API Secret: the API Secret Key that you obtained from your Mixpanel account.
- Events: A comma-separated list of Mixpanel events you want to ingest. Leave this field blank to ingest all the events.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
Locating the API Secret Key
To locate your Mixpanel API Secret Key:
- Log in to your Mixpanel account.
- Click your username at the top right corner of the Mixpanel user interface.
- Click Account, Projects, and then, API Secret.
- Copy the Secret Key.
Hevo uses Mixpanel’s Raw Data Export API to download and ingest raw Events from Mixpanel.
- Incremental Data: The Raw Data Export API provides data on a daily basis. Hevo fetches the previous day’s data at 3.00 a.m. (UTC) daily.