ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can replicate your Google Sheets’ data to your data warehouse using Google’s Sheets API.
Note: For Pipelines created with this Source, Hevo provides you a fully-managed BigQuery data warehouse Destination if you do not already have one set up. You are only charged the cost that Hevo incurs for your project in Google BigQuery. The invoice is generated at the end of each month and payment is recovered as per the payment instrument you have set up. You can now create your Pipeline and directly start analyzing your Source data. Read Hevo Managed Google BigQuery .
Configuring Google Sheets as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Google Sheets as a Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Asset Palette.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Google Sheets.
In the Configure your Google Sheets Account page, click + Add Google Sheets Account.
Select the Google account associated with your Google Sheets data and click ALLOW to authorize Hevo to access the data.
In the Configure your Google Sheets Source page, specify the following:
- Pipeline Name: A unique name for the Pipeline.
- Sheets: Select the spreadsheets whose data you wish to replicate.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
- Values in the first row of the sheet are treated as field headers. These headers need to be unique. If a header is missing, then the column name is used as the header.
- Renaming your sheet will not cause your Pipeline to break.
- Deleted rows are represented by a
__hevo_marked_deletedfield in your Destination table.
- Row number is used as a primary key which is represented by a field called
__hevo_idin your Destination table.
- Cells containing formulas or scientific numbers are loaded as their calculated value.
Example: 6.16E+12 is loaded as 6160000000000.
- Search option while selecting your sheets only works on prefixes.
- The Pipeline supports only Google Sheets. For MS Excel files, please check out the Drive Source.