Microsoft SQL Server
ON THIS PAGE
Microsoft SQL Server is Microsoft’s offering of a relational database management system which is used by 98 of 100 Fortune 100 companies. Hevo supports replicating data from SQL Servers either hosted on-premises or hosted in the Azure cloud. The supported versions include SQL Server 2008 and later.
Pipeline Mode will define how you want Hevo to read your data from SQL Server source.
- Table: In this mode, your tables will be polled individually at a fixed frequency. You can use this mode when you are looking to fetch data from multiple tables in your database and you would like to have control over ingestion for every table individually.
- Custom SQL: If you are looking to fetch data in a different structure than how it is stored in your source tables, you can use this mode. It will allow you to write a custom query and data will be polled using that query at a fixed frequency.
Provide your SQL Server database connection details on SQL Server Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Source Name: A unique name for this source
- SQL Server Host: SQL Server host’s IP address or DNS
- SQL Server Port: The port on which your SQL Server is listening for connections (default is 1433)
- SQL Server User: The read-only user that can read the tables in your database.
- SQL Server Password: Password for the read-only user
- Database Name: The database that you wish to replicate
- Schema Name: The schema that holds the tables to be replicated (default is dbo)
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check Connecting Through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
Job Settings may be required if Hevo needs your inputs to query data from your database. Each Job listed represents a table in your database. Each Job can be configured with a Query Mode. You can read more about Query Modes.