Microsoft SQL Server
ON THIS PAGE
Microsoft SQL Server is Microsoft’s offering of a relational database management system which is used by 98 of 100 Fortune 100 companies. Hevo supports replicating data from SQL Servers either hosted on-premises or hosted in the Azure cloud. The supported versions include SQL Server 2008 and later.
Pipeline Mode defines how you want Hevo to read your data from SQL Server source. This can be Custom SQL or Table.
Read Pipeline Modes.
For Pipeline mode as Table, refer to Object Settings below to configure the objects to be replicated.
Provide your SQL Server database connection details on SQL Server Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Source Name: A unique name for this source
- SQL Server Host: SQL Server host’s IP address or DNS
- SQL Server Port: The port on which your SQL Server is listening for connections (default is 1433)
- SQL Server User: The read-only user that can read the tables in your database.
- SQL Server Password: Password for the read-only user
- Database Name: The database that you wish to replicate
- Schema Name: The schema that holds the tables to be replicated (default is dbo)
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check Connecting Through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
Object settings must be configured if the Pipeline mode is Table. To do this:
After specifying the Source settings above, in the SELECT OBJECTS YOU WANT TO REPLICATE page, select the objects to be replicated.
Note: Each object represents a table in your database.
In the CONFIGURE SOURCE OBJECTS page, specify the query mode to be used for each selected object.