ON THIS PAGE
Hevo lets you load data from files in an S3 bucket into your data warehouse.
Provide S3 connection details on S3 Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Source Name: A unique name for this source
- Access Key ID: AWS access key ID which has permissions to read from the given bucket
- Secret Access Key: AWS Secret Access Key for the above Access Key ID
- Bucket: The name of the bucket from which you want to ingest data.
- Prefix: Path Prefix for the data directory. By default, the files are listed from the root of the directory.
- Bucket Region: Choose the AWS region where the bucket is located.
- File Format: Choose a file format. Hevo currently supports JSON, CSV, Avro formats. Let us know if you need support for a different format.
- Field Delimiter: Character on which fields in each line are separated (e.g: `\t`, `,`). Applicable for CSV files only.
- Create Event Types from folders: For JSON and CSV formats, select this option when your prefix path has subdirectories containing files in different formats. Hevo, in that case, will read each of the subdirectories as a separate event type. Please note, that any files lying at the prefix path (and not in any of the subdirectories) will be ignored.
Things to know
- Values in the first row of CSV files are treated as field headers.
- Gzipped files will be automatically unzipped on ingestion by Hevo.
- Files are re-ingested on update.