- About Hevo
- Hevo Features
- Hevo System Architecture
- Core Concepts
- Free Trials
- Regulatory Compliance
- Hevo Support
- General FAQs
- Getting Started
- Creating an Account in Hevo
- Connection Options
- Familiarizing with the UI
- Creating your First Pipeline
- Data Loss Prevention and Recovery
- Data Ingestion
- Types of Data Synchronization
- Ingestion Modes and Query Modes for Database Sources
- Ingestion and Loading Frequency
- Ingestion Frequency and Data Synchronization
- Data Ingestion Statuses
- Deferred Data Ingestion
- Handling of Primary Keys
- Handling of Updates
- Handling of Deletes
- Hevo-generated Metadata
- Data Loading
- Loading Data in a Database Destination
- Loading Data to a Data Warehouse
- Optimizing Data Loading for a Destination Warehouse
- Manually Triggering the Loading of Events
- Scheduling Data Load for a Destination
- Loading Events in Batches
- Data Loading Statuses
- Data Spike Alerts
- Name Sanitization
- Table and Column Name Compression
- Parsing Nested JSON Fields in Events
- Data Flow in a Pipeline
- Familiarizing with the Pipelines UI
Working with Pipelines
- Best Practices for Creating Database Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Connectivity Check for RDBMS Sources
- Scheduling a Pipeline
- Modifying a Pipeline
- Prioritizing a Pipeline
- Viewing Pipeline Progress
- Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline
- Log-based Pipelines
- Troubleshooting Data Replication Errors
- Managing Objects in Pipelines
Python Code-Based Transformations
- Supported Python Modules and Functions
Transformation Methods in the Event Class
- Create an Event
- Retrieve the Event Name
- Rename an Event
- Retrieve the Properties of an Event
- Modify the Properties for an Event
- Fetch the Primary Keys of an Event
- Modify the Primary Keys of an Event
- Fetch the Data Type of a Field
- Check if the Field is a String
- Check if the Field is a Number
- Check if the Field is Boolean
- Check if the Field is a Date
- Check if the Field is a Time Value
- Check if the Field is a Timestamp
- Convert date string to required format
- Convert date to required format
- Convert datetime string to required format
- Convert epoch time to a date
- Convert epoch time to a datetime
- Convert epoch to required format
- Convert epoch to a time
- Get time difference
- Parse date string to date
- Parse date string to datetime format
- Parse date string to time
- Examples of Python Code-based Transformations
Drag and Drop Transformations
- Special Keywords
Transformation Blocks and Properties
- Add a Field
- Change Datetime Field Values
- Change Field Values
- Drop Events
- Drop Fields
- Find & Replace
- Flatten JSON
- Format Date to String
- Format Number to String
- Hash Fields
- Mask Fields
- Modify Text Casing
- Parse Date from String
- Parse JSON from String
- Parse Number from String
- Rename Events
- Rename Fields
- Round-off Decimal Fields
- Split Fields
- Examples of Drag and Drop Transformations
- Effect of Transformations on the Destination Table Structure
- Transformation Reference
- Transformation FAQs
- Python Code-Based Transformations
- Using Schema Mapper
- Mapping Statuses
- Auto Mapping Event Types
- Manually Mapping Event Types
- Modifying Schema Mapping for Event Types
- Schema Mapper Actions
- Fixing Unmapped Fields
- Resolving Incompatible Schema Mappings
- Resizing String Columns in the Destination
- Schema Mapper Compatibility Table
- Limits on the Number of Destination Columns
- File Log
- Troubleshooting Failed Events in a Pipeline
- Mismatch in Events Count in Source and Destination
- Activity Log
- Does creation of Pipeline incur cost?
- Why are my new Pipelines in trial?
- Can multiple Sources connect to one Destination?
- What happens if I re-create a deleted Pipeline?
- Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
- Can I delete skipped objects in a Pipeline?
- Can I change the Destination post-Pipeline creation?
- How does changing the query mode affect data ingestion?
- Why is my billable Events high with Delta Timestamp mode?
- Can I drop multiple Destination tables in a Pipeline at once?
- How does Run Now affect scheduled ingestion frequency?
- Will pausing some objects increase the ingestion speed?
- Can I sort Event Types listed in the Schema Mapper?
- Can I see the historical load progress?
- Why is my Historical Load Progress still at 0%?
- Why is historical data not getting ingested?
- How do I restart the historical load for all the objects?
- How do I set a field as a primary key?
- How can I load only filtered Events to the Destination?
- How do I ensure that records are loaded only once?
- Why do the Source and the Destination events count differ?
- Events Usage
- Free Sources
Databases and File Systems
- Data Warehouses
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Generic MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas
- Support for Multiple Data Types for the _id Field
- Example - Merge Collections Feature
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1001 - Incorrect credentials
- Error 1005 - Connection timeout
- Error 1006 - Invalid database hostname
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1008 - Database unreachable
- Error 1011 - Insufficient access
- Error 1028 - Primary/Master host needed for OpLog
- Error 1029 - Version not supported for Change Streams
- SSL 1009 - SSL Connection Failure
- Troubleshooting MongoDB Change Streams Connection
- Troubleshooting MongoDB OpLog Connection
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Amazon RDS SQL Server
- Azure SQL Server
- Google Cloud SQL Server
- Generic SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server FAQs
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud MySQL
- Generic MySQL
- MariaDB MySQL
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1003 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1006 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1011 - Access denied
- Error 1012 - Replication access denied
- Error 1017 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1026 - Failed to connect to database
- Error 1027 - Unsupported BinLog format
- Failed to determine binlog filename/position
- Schema 'xyz' is not tracked via bin logs
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- MySQL FAQs
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Errors during Pipeline creation
- Error 1003 - Authentication failure
- Error 1006 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1011 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1012 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1014 - Database does not exist
- Error 1017 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1023 - No pg_hba.conf entry
- Error 1024 - Number of requested standby connections
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors during Pipeline creation
- PostgreSQL FAQs
- Troubleshooting Database Sources
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- FTP / SFTP
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Android SDK
- Writing JSONPath Expressions
REST API FAQs
- Why does my REST API token keep changing?
- Can I use a bearer authorization token for authentication?
- Does Hevo’s REST API support API chaining?
- What is the maximum payload size returned by a REST API?
- How do I split an Event into multiple Event Types?
- How do I split multiple values in a key into separate Events?
- Jira Cloud
- Finance & Accounting Analytics
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Page Insights
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Campaign Manager
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Play Console
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Advertising
- Pinterest Ads
- SendGrid Webhook
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- YouTube Analytics
- Product Analytics
Sales & Support Analytics
- Help Scout
- Hub Planner
- Toggl Track
- From how far back can the Pipeline ingest data?
- Can I connect to a Source not listed in Hevo?
- Can I connect a local database as a Source?
- How can I push data to Hevo API?
- How do I connect a CSV file as a Source?
- Why are my selected Source objects not visible in the Schema Mapper?
- How can I transfer Excel files using Hevo?
- How does the Merge Table feature work?
- Familiarizing with the Destinations UI
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- SQL Server
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Limitations of using MySQL as a Destination
- Structure of Data in the Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Amazon Redshift Destination
- Amazon Redshift FAQs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Clustering in BigQuery
- Partitioning in BigQuery
- Loading Data to a Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Near Real-time Data Loading using Streaming
- Troubleshooting Google BigQuery
- Google BigQuery FAQs
- Hevo Managed Google BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Snowflake
- Snowflake FAQs
- Amazon Redshift
- Can I move data between SaaS applications using Hevo?
- Can I change the primary key in my Destination table?
- How do I change the data type of table columns?
- Can I change the Destination table name after creating the Pipeline?
- How can I change or delete the Destination table prefix?
- How do I resolve duplicate records in the Destination table?
- How do I enable or disable deduplication of records?
- Why does my Destination have deleted Source records?
- How do I filter deleted Events from the Destination?
- Does a data load regenerate deleted Hevo metadata columns?
- Can I load data to a specific Destination table?
- How do I filter out specific fields before loading data?
- How do I sort the data in the Destination?
- dbt™ Models
- Familiarizing with the Models UI
- Types of Models
- Key Features
- Working with SQL Models
- Previewing a Model
- Viewing the Query History
- Legacy Models
- Models FAQs
- Account Management
- Personal Settings
- Team Settings
- Pricing Plans
- Time-based Events Buffer
- Setting up Pricing Plans, Billing, and Payments
- On-Demand Purchases
- Billing Alerts
- Viewing Billing History
- Billing Notifications
- Can I get a plan apart from the Starter plan?
- Are free trial Events charged once I purchase a plan?
- For how long can I stay on the Free plan?
- How can I upgrade my plan?
- Is there a discount for non-profit organizations?
- Can I seek a refund of my payment?
- Do ingested Events count towards billing?
- Will Pipeline get paused if I exceed the Events quota?
- Will the initial load of data be free?
- Does the Hevo plan support multiple Destinations?
- Do rows loaded through Models count in my usage?
- Is Hevo subscription environment-specific?
- Can I pause billing if I have no active Pipelines?
- Can you explain the pricing plans in Hevo?
- Where do I get invoices for payments?
- Account Suspension and Restoration
- Account Management FAQs
- Activate Concepts
- Familiarizing with the Activate UI
- Working with Activate
- Activate Warehouses
- Activate Targets
- Release Notes
- Release Version 2.13
- Release Version 2.12
- Release Version 2.11
- Release Version 2.10
- Release Version 2.09
- Release Version 2.08
- Release Version 2.07
- Release Version 2.06
- Release Version 2.05
- Release Version 2.04
- Release Version 2.03
- Release Version 2.02
- Release Version 2.01
- Release Version 2.00
- Release Version 1.99
- Release Version 1.98
- Release Version 1.97
- Release Version 1.96
- Release Version 1.95
- Release Version 1.93 & 1.94
- Release Version 1.92
- Release Version 1.91
- Release Version 1.90
- Release Version 1.89
- Release Version 1.88
- Release Version 1.87
- Release Version 1.86
- Release Version 1.84 & 1.85
- Release Version 1.83
- Release Version 1.82
- Release Version 1.81
- Release Version 1.80 (Jan-24-2022)
- Release Version 1.79 (Jan-03-2022)
- Release Version 1.78 (Dec-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.77 (Dec-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.76 (Nov-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.75 (Nov-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.74 (Oct-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.73 (Oct-04-2021)
- Release Version 1.72 (Sep-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.71 (Sep-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.70 (Aug-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.69 (Aug-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.68 (Jul-26-2021)
- Release Version 1.67 (Jul-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.66 (Jun-28-2021)
- Release Version 1.65 (Jun-14-2021)
- Release Version 1.64 (Jun-01-2021)
- Release Version 1.63 (May-19-2021)
- Release Version 1.62 (May-05-2021)
- Release Version 1.61 (Apr-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.60 (Apr-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.59 (Mar-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.58 (Mar-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.57 (Feb-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.56 (Feb-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.55 (Jan-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.54 (Jan-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.53 (Dec-22-2020)
- Release Version 1.52 (Dec-03-2020)
- Release Version 1.51 (Nov-10-2020)
- Release Version 1.50 (Oct-19-2020)
- Release Version 1.49 (Sep-28-2020)
- Release Version 1.48 (Sep-01-2020)
- Release Version 1.47 (Aug-06-2020)
- Release Version 1.46 (Jul-21-2020)
- Release Version 1.45 (Jul-02-2020)
- Release Version 1.44 (Jun-11-2020)
- Release Version 1.43 (May-15-2020)
- Release Version 1.42 (Apr-30-2020)
- Release Version 1.41 (Apr-2020)
- Release Version 1.40 (Mar-2020)
- Release Version 1.39 (Feb-2020)
- Release Version 1.38 (Jan-2020)
- Upcoming Features
Help Scout is an email-based customer support software that assists small businesses and teams manage their customer relationships. Help Scout is similar to your email with a mailbox at the top of the hierarchy. All customer-related communication is tracked through conversations and threads in the mailbox, eliminating the need to manage ticket numbers and case numbers. In Help Scout, you can create multiple mailboxes for each shared email address. This allows your users across various departments, such as support, marketing, and customer success, to collaborate and manage different products or brands from a single account. Help Scout also provides your users visibility into the emails being responded to in real-time.
You can replicate the data from your HelpScout account to a Destination database or data warehouse using Hevo Pipelines. Refer to the Data Model section for information on the objects that Hevo creates in your Destination.
An active account in Help Scout.
An active Help Scout user with access to at least one customer mailbox.
A subscription to Help Scout’s Plus or Company plan if you want to read data from the Custom Fields object.
You are assigned the Team Administrator, Team Collaborator, or Pipeline Administrator role in Hevo to create the Pipeline.
Configuring Help Scout as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Help Scout as the Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Navigation Bar.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Help Scout.
In the Configure your Help Scout account page, click + ADD HELP SCOUT ACCOUNT.
Log in to your Help Scout account, and click Authorize, providing Hevo access to your Help Scout data.
In the Configure your Help Scout Source page, specify the following:
Pipeline Name: A unique name for the Pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters.
Authorized Account (Non-editable): This field is pre-filled with the email address that you selected earlier when connecting to your Help Scout account.
Historical Sync Duration: The duration for which the existing data in the Source must be ingested. Default duration: 3 Months.
Note: If you select All Available Data, Hevo ingests all the data available in your HelpScout account since January 01, 2011.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|15 Mins||5 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
Note: You must set the custom frequency in hours as an integer value. For example, 1, 2, 3 but not 1.5 or 1.75.
Historical Data: In the first run of the Pipeline, Hevo ingests the historical data for all the objects and loads it to the Destination. For the Conversation and Customer objects, the historical data is ingested based on the historical sync duration selected when creating the Pipeline. Default duration: 3 Months.
For the objects, Mailbox, Tag, Team, User, and Workflow, Hevo ingests all historical data present in your account.
Incremental Data: Once the historical load is complete, all new and updated records for the Conversation and Customer objects are synchronized with your Destination as per the Pipeline frequency.
For Mailbox, Tag, Team, User, and Workflow, which are Full Load objects, Hevo fetches all the data but loads only the new and updated records to the Destination as per the Pipeline frequency. It achieves this by filtering the previously ingested data based on the position stored at the end of the last ingestion run.
Schema and Primary Keys
Hevo uses the following schema to upload the records in the Destination:
The following is the list of tables (objects) that are created at the Destination when you run the Pipeline:
|Mailbox||Contains details about the mailboxes in your Help Scout account. A mailbox is similar to an inbox and holds the emails sent by your customers.|
|Mailbox Folders||Contains details about the folders that you may have created to organize the conversations sent to your mailboxes.|
|Conversation||Contains details about the communications with your customers. A conversation can be of the type:
|Conversation Threads||Contains details about the parts of a conversation, such as an email, a note, or a response sent to a mailbox. In Help Scout, each part of the conversation is called a thread.|
|Conversation Attachments||Contains details about the attachments associated with the conversation threads in your mailboxes.|
|Customers||Contains details about the customers in your Help Scout account.|
|Customer Address||Contains the addresses of the customers in your Help Scout account.|
|Customer Chat||Contains details about the chat handles that your customers use.|
|Customer Email||Contains details about the email addresses of the customers in your Help Scout account.|
|Customer Phone||Contains details about the phone numbers associated with a customer in your Help Scout account.|
|Customer Profile||Contains details about the social media profiles of your customers.|
|Customer Website||Contains details about all the websites associated with a particular customer in your Help Scout account.|
|User||Contains details about the users, who are members of an organization or a team, in your Help Scout account.|
|Team||Contains details about the group of users who work together as a single unit on conversations in a mailbox.|
|Team User||Contains details about the users and the teams to which they belong.|
|Tag||Contains details about the tags that you have added to the conversations in your mailbox. For example, a tag to track conversations from priority customers.|
|Workflow||Contains details about the workflows created for the mailboxes in your account. A workflow is similar to an email filter and can be automatic or manual. For example, an automatic workflow to filter conversations based on their subject line.|
|Custom Fields||Contains details about the custom fields that you may have created to categorize, prioritize, or diagnose conversations. For example, a custom field to identify the priority level of a conversation received in your mailbox.
Note: You need to be subscribed to Help Scout’s Plus or Company plan to ingest data from this object.
Read the detailed Hevo documentation for the following related topics:
Help Scout restricts the number of API requests and access to certain API endpoints based on your Help Scout pricing plan. If Hevo exceeds the number of calls allowed by your plan, data ingestion is deferred until the limits are reset (approximately five minutes).
Refer to the following table for the applicable rate limits:
Help Scout Pricing Plan Rate Limit Standard Up to 200 calls per minute Plus Up to 400 calls per minute Company Up to 800 calls per minute
- Create a Team
- Create and Manage Tags
- Create and Manage Teams
- Create and Manage User Accounts
- Edit Threads and Notes
- Get Started With Workflows
- Work with Custom Fields
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Dec-14-2022||NA||Updated section, Configuring Help Scout as a Source to reflect the latest Hevo UI.|