Hevo can load data from any of your pipelines into a Snowflake data warehouse. In this document, we will walk through the steps to add Snowflake as a Destination.
1. Add Destination
Do one of the following:
- In the Pipeline creation flow, specify the Source settings and click ADD DESTINATION.
- In the Asset Palette, click DESTINATIONS. Then, click ADD DESTINATION in the Destinations Overview page on the right.
2. Select the Destination type
In the Add Destination page, select Snowflake.
3. Specify the connection details
- Destination Name: A unique name for this Destination.
- Account Name: Name provided by Snowflake to your account. This can be found in URL of Snowflake web user interface. The URL of web user interface is generally in form of
- Account Region: Region in which Snowflake account is located. Refer URL format in account name’s description mentioned above. If no account-region is present in URL then your account is located in US West (Oregon).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the Snowflake database.
- Database Password: Password of the user.
- Database Name: Name of the Destination database where data will be dumped.
- Database Schema: Name of the schema in the Destination database where data will be dumped. Attention schema name is case sensitive.
4. Specify additional settings
- Populate Loaded Timestamp: Enable this toggle option to append the __hevo_loaded_at column to the Destination table to indicate the time when the Event was loaded to the Destination. See Loading Data to a Data Warehouse for more information.
5. Test connection
Click Test Connection to test connectivity with the Snowflake warehouse.
6. Save Destination
Once the test is successful, save the destination by clicking on SAVE DESTINATION.