ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can replicate collections from your Mongo database.
Pipeline Mode will define how you want Hevo to read your data from MongoDB source.
- OpLog: Data will be polled using MongoDB’s OpLog. Please go through the prerequisites below for more details.
- Change Streams: Data will be polled using MongoDB’s Change Streams. Please go through the prerequisites below and if you face any issue while setup follow this document to troubleshoot.
- For Change Streams, you must have MongoDB version 4.0 or above. Oplog, on the other hand is compatible with all versions of MongoDB.
- A Mongo DB user that has read access both to the database that is to be replicated and the local database. Read about the instructions to set up replication in MongoDB here
- Retention of 72 hours or more in the Oplog to ensure the Oplog doesn’t get purged before Hevo can read it.
Provide your Mongo database connection details on MongoDB Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in connection details block:
- Source Name - A unique name for this source
- Mongo DB Host - Mongo DB host’s IP address or DNS. In case you are trying to connect to a replica set, you can provide a comma-separated list of all IPs/DNS in the replica set. Hevo will always connect to a secondary.
- Mongo DB Port - The port on which your Mongo server is listening for connections (default is 27017)
- Mongo DB User - The read-only user that can read the collections in your database.
- Mongo DB Password - Password for the read-only user
- Database Name - The database that you wish to replicate
- Auth DB Name - The authentication database if applicable
- Connect through SSH - If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check How to Connect through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
- Use SSL - Select this option if you want Hevo to connect with MongoDB instance using SSL.