ON THIS PAGE
Hevo supports the following variations of PostgreSQL as a Source:
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Click each variant above to know the prerequisites and pre-configuration setups specific to it. Once you complete the setups, follow the steps mentioned below to configure it as a Source in your Hevo Pipeline and start ingesting data.
Configuring PostgreSQL as a Source in Hevo
Click + CREATE in the Pipeline List View page, select Postgres in the Select Source Type page, and specify the following settings:
1. Pipeline Mode
Select how you want Hevo to read your data from the PostgreSQL Source. This can be Custom SQL, Logical Replication, or Table.
Read Pipeline Modes.
For Pipeline mode as Table, refer to Object Settings below to configure the objects to be replicated.
For Pipeline mode as Logical Replication, follow the steps provided in each PostgreSQL variant document to set up logical replication.
2. PostgreSQL Connection Settings
Provide your PostgreSQL database connection details in the Configure Your Postgres Source page:
- Pipeline Name: A unique name for your Pipeline.
- Database Host: The PostgreSQL host’s IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your PostgreSQL server is listening for connections. The default port is 5432.
- Database User: The read-only user that can read the tables in your database.
- Database Password: Password for the read-only user.
- Database Name: The database that you wish to replicate.
- Schema Name: The name of the Schema in the database.
- Connection Settings
- Connect through SSH: If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check Connecting Through SSH. Also, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses. Refer to the content for your PostgreSQL variant for steps to do this.
- Use SSL: Enable it to use SSL encrypted connection. You should also enable this if you are using Heroku PostgreSQL databases. To enable this, specify the following:
- CA File: The file containing the SSL server certificate authority (CA).
- Client Certificate: The client public key certificate file.
- Client Key: The client private key file.
- Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Object settings must be configured if the Pipeline mode is Table. To do this:
After specifying the Source settings above, in the SELECT OBJECTS YOU WANT TO REPLICATE page, select the objects to be replicated.
Note: Each object represents a table in your database.
In the CONFIGURE SOURCE OBJECTS page, specify the query mode to be used for each selected object.