On This Page
Hevo can load data from any of your Pipelines into an Aurora database. In this document, we will walk through the steps to add Aurora as a Destination.
We do not recommend using an Amazon Aurora MySQL Destination for building your production Pipelines. It can perform poorly even for low volumes of data. If you run into performance issues, these may be unresolvable, and you will have to migrate to a different Destination.
Do one of the following:
After you configure the Source during Pipeline creation, click ADD DESTINATION.
Select the Destination Type
In the Add Destination page, select Amazon Aurora MySQL.
Alternatively, use the Search Destination Type search box to search for the Destination.
Configure Amazon Aurora MySQL Connection Settings
Specify the following settings in the Configure your Amazon Aurora MySQL Destination page:
- Destination Name: A unique name for this Destination.
- Database Host: Aurora host’s IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your Aurora server is listening for connections (default is 3306).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the Aurora database.
- Database Password: Password of the user.
- Database Name: Name of the Destination database where data will be dumped.
Sanitize Table/Column Names?: Enable this option to remove all non-alphanumeric characters, spaces in between the table and column names and replace them with an underscore (_). Read Name Sanitization.
After filling the details, click on TEST CONNECTION button to test connectivity to the Destination Aurora server.
Once the test is successful, save the Destination by clicking on SAVE DESTINATION.
- You must disable any foreign keys defined in the target tables. Foreign keys do not allow data to be loaded until the reference table has a corresponding key defined.
- Hevo replicates a maximum of 4096 columns to each Amazon Aurora MySQL table, of which, six are Hevo-reserved metadata columns used during data replication. Therefore, your Pipeline can replicate up to 4090 (4096-6) columns for each table.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Jul-12-2021||NA||Added the section, Destination Considerations.|