Mapping a Source Event Type Field with a Destination Table Column
Once you have a Destination table selected in your Mapping Summary page while creating or editing a mapping, Hevo selects the column in the Destination table that can be mapped to the Source Event Type Field if they have matching names. If you wish to map the field with a different column you can do one of the following:
- Map with a different existing column: Click on the Destination column name dropdown and select the existing column with which you want to map the Source field.
- Create a new column:
- Click in the Destination Fields field.
- Enter the name for the new column.
If a Source Event Type field has a null value, it is not displayed in the Schema Mapper. To display it, at least one of the following must occur:
- There should be an Event containing a non-null value for it.
- You must write a transformation to insert some default value in it.
In scenarios where no column with a matching name is present in the Destination table, Hevo suggests the name and the data type of the column. These columns are marked with the icon. If you do not want to go with the suggestion, you can do one of the following:
- Map with an existing column with a non-matching name:
- Click on input field where the suggested name is written.
- Click the Cancel icon.
- Choose the existing field from the Select Field drop-down.
- Choose a different column name for the new column: Type a unique name for the new column.