ON THIS PAGE
You can load the data of your Zendesk tickets and user information into the Destination of your choice using Hevo Pipelines.
Note: For Pipelines created with this Source, Hevo provides you a fully-managed BigQuery data warehouse Destination if you do not already have one set up. You are only charged the cost that Hevo incurs for your project in Google BigQuery. The invoice is generated at the end of each month and payment is recovered as per the payment instrument you have set up. You can now create your Pipeline and directly start analyzing your Source data. Read Hevo Managed Google BigQuery.
- You are an Administrator in Zendesk to access your data through APIs.
Configuring Zendesk as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Zendesk as a Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Asset Palette.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Zendesk as the Source.
In the Configure your Zendesk Source page, provide the following information:
- Pipeline Name: A unique name for your Pipeline.
- Sub Domain: Your Zendesk sub-omain.
- Email: Your login email ID for Zendesk
- Token: The Zendesk token which you generated.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
Generating a Zendesk API Token
- Go to your Zendesk dashboard.
- In the left navigation bar, click the gear () icon.
- In the page that is displayed, select Channels > API.
Click on the settings tab and enable Token Access.
- Click on the + button and generate a new API Token.
- Copy the API Token and save it in a secure location. For more details please go through the Zendesk documentation.
The data produced by this API has a field named id that is unique to a datatype, for example, ticket or user. Hevo recommends you to use id as your primary key while creating a table in your Destination.