ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can replicate tables from your Postgres database, either hosted by you or in Amazon RDS.
On this page, you can select the ingestion mode for your Pipeline. The mode defines how you want Hevo to read data from your Postgres Source. This can be Custom SQL, Table, or Logical Replication.
Read Pipeline Modes.
For Pipeline mode as Table, refer to Object Settings below to configure the objects to be replicated.
For Pipeline mode as Logical Replication, follow the steps provided here.
Provide your Postgres database connection details on Postgres Connection Settings page. You will have the following options in the connection details block:
- Postgres Host: Postgres host’s IP address or DNS
- Postgres Port: The port on which your Postgres server is listening for connections (default is 5432)
- Postgres User: The read-only user that can read the tables in your database.
- Postgres Password: Password for the read-only user
- Database Name: The database that you wish to replicate
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check Connecting Through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
- Schema Name: The name of the Schema in the Database
- Connect through SSH: If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check Connecting Through SSH. Also, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
- Use SSL: Enable it to use SSL encrypted connection. You should also enable this if you are using Heroku Postgres databases.
Object settings must be configured if the Pipeline mode is Table. To do this:
After specifying the Source settings above, in the SELECT OBJECTS YOU WANT TO REPLICATE page, select the objects to be replicated.
Note: Each object represents a table in your database.
In the CONFIGURE SOURCE OBJECTS page, specify the query mode to be used for each selected object.