Google Cloud PostgreSQL
ON THIS PAGE
You can ingest data from your Google Cloud PostgreSQL database using Hevo Pipelines and replicate it to a warehouse of your choice.
Note: Google Cloud PostgreSQL does not support logical replication. Read the Google Issue for details.
- IP address or host name of your PostgreSQL server is available.
- The PostgreSQL version is 9.4 or higher.
- Hevo’s IP addresses are whitelisted.
- SELECT, USAGE, and CONNECT privileges are granted to the database user.
Whitelisting Hevo’s IP Addresses
You need to whitelist the Hevo IP addresses for your region to enable Hevo to connect to your PostgreSQL database. To do this:
Access the Google Cloud console and click on your PostgeSQL instance ID.
- In the left navigation pane, click Connections.
Select the Public IP check box to activate access on any custom IP address.
Click Add Network, and include the list of Hevo IP addresses available for your region.
- Repeat the above step for all the network addresses you want to add.
Click Save. You can see Hevo’s IP addresses under Authorized networks.
Granting Privileges to a User
Grant privileges to the database user connecting to the PostgreSQL database as follows:
- Log into your PostgreSQL database as a user with
Enter the following commands to give accesses to the database user:
GRANT CONNECT ON DATABASE <database_name> TO <database_username>;
GRANT USAGE ON DATABASE <database_name> TO <database_username>;
GRANT SELECT ON DATABASE <database_name> TO <database_username>;
Alter the schema’s default privileges to grant
SELECTprivileges on tables to the database user:
ALTER DEFAULT PRIVILEGES IN SCHEMA <schema_name> GRANT SELECT ON TABLES TO <database_username>;