ON THIS PAGE
Facebook Ads Integration
Hevo lets you load your Facebook Ads Insights data using the Facebook Marketing API.
Note: For Pipelines created with this Source, Hevo provides you a fully-managed BigQuery data warehouse Destination if you do not already have one set up. You are only charged the cost that Hevo incurs for your project in Google BigQuery. The invoice is generated at the end of each month and payment is recovered as per the payment instrument you have set up. You can now create your Pipeline and directly start analyzing your Source data. Read Hevo Managed Google BigQuery .
Let’s walk through steps for adding Facebook Ads as a source.
Connecting Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads setup requirements
To set up Facebook Ads in Hevo, you need:
- Access to Facebook Ads and related stats.
- Pause all ad-blocking software currently in use. Facebook authentication system uses pop-ups that may encounter issues if ad blockers aren’t disabled during the setup. You can read more about these permissions here.
Add Facebook Ads as a source
- Sign in to your Hevo Data Account.
- Click Create Pipeline under Pipeline Tab.
- Click the Facebook Ads icon.
- You’ll be asked to authorize Hevo to access Facebook Ads via a series of steps to allow Hevo access data your public profile, Facebook Ads and related stats.
- After you’ve finished authorizing Hevo, you would be expected to enter the name of the source/pipeline and select the accounts you want to pull data from. Select the desired account by clicking the checkboxes. Please note, Hevo now supports polling data from multiple accounts.
- Select Ads Action Report Time; It determines the report time of action stats. For example, if a person saw the ad on Jan 1st but converted on Jan 2nd. If you select
impression, you will see a conversion on Jan 1st and if you select
conversion, you will see a conversion on Jan 2nd.
- Click on Test and Continue
- Ads Reporting Level: It is default set to Ad level to help fetch granular data.
- Fields: Hevo will poll all possible fields, a complete list of all possible fields can be found here.
- By Default Hevo will poll all the data since 1st January 2019.
- This integration does not currently support replicating data for reviews, pages, etc.
Facebook Ads table schemas
There are two types of data Hevo polls: Core Objects and Insights.
- Core Objects contain information about the Ads’ Data that’s useful for analysis. These are Ad Creative, Ads, Ad Sets, Campaigns Objects.
- Insights data contains performance data for every ad/ad set/ad campaign combination.
The ads object contains info about the ads in your Facebook Ads account. Checkout Facebook Marketing API for more details.
An ad set is a group of ads that share the same daily or lifetime budget, schedule, bid type, bid info, and targeting data. Ad sets enable you to group ads according to your criteria, and you can retrieve the ad-related statistics that apply to a set.
An ad creative object is an instance of a specific creative which is being used to define the creative field of one or more ads. Click here for more details.
A campaign is the highest level organizational structure within an ad account and should represent a single objective for an advertiser, for example, to drive page post engagement.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day segmented by age and gender.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day segmented by country.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day segmented by region.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day segmented by dma.
The ads_insights table contains detailed statistics for each campaign/set/ad combination for each day segmented by platform and device.
Facebook Ads data replication (Beta)
When Hevo creates a replication job for Facebook Ads insight reports, it also creates a data refresher job per report type to fetch attributing results to the ads to an older date. Hevo, by default, fetches 30 days older data once every day. Hevo will count this replication towards your events quota.