ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can load data from any of your pipelines into a PostgreSQL database. In this document, we will walk through the steps to add PostgreSQL as a destination.
- The database user must have CREATE and USAGE schema privileges.
1. Add Destination
A destination can either be added while creating a pipeline or by heading to DESTINATIONS tab on the left navigation and clicking on ADD DESTINATION button.
2. Select destination type
In the right pane, click on Select Destination Type drop-down and select Postgres.
3. Provide connection details
- Destination Name: A unique name for this destination.
- Database Host: PostgreSQL host’s IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your PostgreSQL server is listening for connections (default is 5432).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the PostgreSQL database.
- Database Password: Password of the user.
- Database Name: Name of the destination database where data will be dumped.
- Database Schema: Name of the destination database schema (Default = public)
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check How to Connect through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
4. Test connection
After filling the details, click on Test Connection button to test connectivity to the destination Postgres server.
5. Save connection
Once the test is successful, save the connection by clicking on Save Destination.