On This Page
Hevo can load data from any of your Pipelines into a PostgreSQL database. Follow the steps in this page to add PostgreSQL as a Destination.
- The database user must have
Do one of the following:
After you configure the Source during Pipeline creation, click ADD DESTINATION.
Select the Destination Type
In the Add Destination page, select PostgreSQL.
Alternatively, use the Search Destination Type search box to search for the Destination.
Configure PostgreSQL Connection Settings
Specify the following settings in the Configure your PostgreSQL Destination page:
- Destination Name: A unique name for this destination.
- Database Host: PostgreSQL host’s IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your PostgreSQL server is listening for connections (default is 5432).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the PostgreSQL database.
- Database Password: Password of the user.
- Database Name: Name of the destination database where data will be dumped.
- Database Schema: Name of the destination database schema (Default = public)
Sanitize Table/Column Names?: Enable this option to remove all non-alphanumeric characters, spaces in between the table and column names and replace them with an underscore (_). Read Name Sanitization.
Use SSL: Enable it to use SSL encrypted connection.
After filling the details, click on TEST CONNECTION button to test connectivity to the destination Postgres server.
Once the test is successful, save the connection by clicking on SAVE DESTINATION.
- You must disable any foreign keys defined in the target tables. Foreign keys do not allow data to be loaded until the reference table has a corresponding key defined.
- You can replicate data for only 1594 columns in a given PostgreSQL table. Read Limits on the Number of Columns.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Jul-12-2021||NA||Updated the section, Destination Considerations.|