- About Hevo
- Hevo Features
- Hevo System Architecture
- Core Concepts
- Free Trials
- Regulatory Compliance
- Hevo Support
- General FAQs
- Getting Started
- Creating an Account in Hevo
- Connection Options
- Familiarizing with the UI
- Creating your First Pipeline
- Data Loss Prevention and Recovery
- Data Ingestion
- Types of Data Synchronization
- Ingestion Modes and Query Modes for Database Sources
- Ingestion and Loading Frequency
- Ingestion Frequency and Data Synchronization
- Data Ingestion Statuses
- Deferred Data Ingestion
- Handling of Primary Keys
- Handling of Updates
- Handling of Deletes
- Hevo-generated Metadata
- Data Loading
- Loading Data in a Database Destination
- Loading Data to a Data Warehouse
- Optimizing Data Loading for a Destination Warehouse
- Manually Triggering the Loading of Events
- Scheduling Data Load for a Destination
- Loading Events in Batches
- Data Loading Statuses
- Data Spike Alerts
- Name Sanitization
- Table and Column Name Compression
- Parsing Nested JSON Fields in Events
- Data Flow in a Pipeline
- Familiarizing with the Pipelines UI
Working with Pipelines
- Best Practices for Creating Database Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Connectivity Check for RDBMS Sources
- Scheduling a Pipeline
- Modifying a Pipeline
- Prioritizing a Pipeline
- Viewing Pipeline Progress
- Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline
- Log-based Pipelines
- Troubleshooting Data Replication Errors
- Managing Objects in Pipelines
Python Code-Based Transformations
- Supported Python Modules and Functions
Transformation Methods in the Event Class
- Create an Event
- Retrieve the Event Name
- Rename an Event
- Retrieve the Properties of an Event
- Modify the Properties for an Event
- Fetch the Primary Keys of an Event
- Modify the Primary Keys of an Event
- Fetch the Data Type of a Field
- Check if the Field is a String
- Check if the Field is a Number
- Check if the Field is Boolean
- Check if the Field is a Date
- Check if the Field is a Time Value
- Check if the Field is a Timestamp
- Convert date string to required format
- Convert date to required format
- Convert datetime string to required format
- Convert epoch time to a date
- Convert epoch time to a datetime
- Convert epoch to required format
- Convert epoch to a time
- Get time difference
- Parse date string to date
- Parse date string to datetime format
- Parse date string to time
- Examples of Python Code-based Transformations
Drag and Drop Transformations
- Special Keywords
Transformation Blocks and Properties
- Add a Field
- Change Datetime Field Values
- Change Field Values
- Drop Events
- Drop Fields
- Find & Replace
- Flatten JSON
- Format Date to String
- Format Number to String
- Hash Fields
- Mask Fields
- Modify Text Casing
- Parse Date from String
- Parse JSON from String
- Parse Number from String
- Rename Events
- Rename Fields
- Round-off Decimal Fields
- Split Fields
- Examples of Drag and Drop Transformations
- Effect of Transformations on the Destination Table Structure
- Transformation Reference
- Transformation FAQs
- Python Code-Based Transformations
- Using Schema Mapper
- Mapping Statuses
- Auto Mapping Event Types
- Manually Mapping Event Types
- Modifying Schema Mapping for Event Types
- Schema Mapper Actions
- Fixing Unmapped Fields
- Resolving Incompatible Schema Mappings
- Resizing String Columns in the Destination
- Schema Mapper Compatibility Table
- Limits on the Number of Destination Columns
- File Log
- Troubleshooting Failed Events in a Pipeline
- Mismatch in Events Count in Source and Destination
- Activity Log
- Does creation of Pipeline incur cost?
- Why are my new Pipelines in trial?
- Can multiple Sources connect to one Destination?
- What happens if I re-create a deleted Pipeline?
- Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
- Can I delete skipped objects in a Pipeline?
- Can I change the Destination post-Pipeline creation?
- How does changing the query mode affect data ingestion?
- Why is my billable Events high with Delta Timestamp mode?
- Can I drop multiple Destination tables in a Pipeline at once?
- How does Run Now affect scheduled ingestion frequency?
- Will pausing some objects increase the ingestion speed?
- Can I sort Event Types listed in the Schema Mapper?
- Can I see the historical load progress?
- Why is my Historical Load Progress still at 0%?
- Why is historical data not getting ingested?
- How do I restart the historical load for all the objects?
- How do I set a field as a primary key?
- How can I load only filtered Events to the Destination?
- How do I ensure that records are loaded only once?
- Why do the Source and the Destination events count differ?
- Events Usage
- Free Sources
Databases and File Systems
- Data Warehouses
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Generic MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas
- Support for Multiple Data Types for the _id Field
- Example - Merge Collections Feature
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1001 - Incorrect credentials
- Error 1005 - Connection timeout
- Error 1006 - Invalid database hostname
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1008 - Database unreachable
- Error 1011 - Insufficient access
- Error 1028 - Primary/Master host needed for OpLog
- Error 1029 - Version not supported for Change Streams
- SSL 1009 - SSL Connection Failure
- Troubleshooting MongoDB Change Streams Connection
- Troubleshooting MongoDB OpLog Connection
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Amazon RDS SQL Server
- Azure SQL Server
- Google Cloud SQL Server
- Generic SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server FAQs
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud MySQL
- Generic MySQL
- MariaDB MySQL
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1003 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1006 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1011 - Access denied
- Error 1012 - Replication access denied
- Error 1017 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1026 - Failed to connect to database
- Error 1027 - Unsupported BinLog format
- Failed to determine binlog filename/position
- Schema 'xyz' is not tracked via bin logs
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- MySQL FAQs
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Errors during Pipeline creation
- Error 1003 - Authentication failure
- Error 1006 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1011 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1012 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1014 - Database does not exist
- Error 1017 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1023 - No pg_hba.conf entry
- Error 1024 - Number of requested standby connections
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors during Pipeline creation
- PostgreSQL FAQs
- Troubleshooting Database Sources
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- FTP / SFTP
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Android SDK
- Writing JSONPath Expressions
REST API FAQs
- Why does my REST API token keep changing?
- Can I use a bearer authorization token for authentication?
- Does Hevo’s REST API support API chaining?
- What is the maximum payload size returned by a REST API?
- How do I split an Event into multiple Event Types?
- How do I split multiple values in a key into separate Events?
- Jira Cloud
- Finance & Accounting Analytics
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Page Insights
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Campaign Manager
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Play Console
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Advertising
- Pinterest Ads
- SendGrid Webhook
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- YouTube Analytics
- Product Analytics
Sales & Support Analytics
- Help Scout
- Hub Planner
- Toggl Track
- From how far back can the Pipeline ingest data?
- Can I connect to a Source not listed in Hevo?
- Can I connect a local database as a Source?
- How can I push data to Hevo API?
- How do I connect a CSV file as a Source?
- Why are my selected Source objects not visible in the Schema Mapper?
- How can I transfer Excel files using Hevo?
- How does the Merge Table feature work?
- Familiarizing with the Destinations UI
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- SQL Server
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Limitations of using MySQL as a Destination
- Structure of Data in the Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Amazon Redshift Destination
- Amazon Redshift FAQs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Clustering in BigQuery
- Partitioning in BigQuery
- Loading Data to a Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Near Real-time Data Loading using Streaming
- Troubleshooting Google BigQuery
- Google BigQuery FAQs
- Hevo Managed Google BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Snowflake
- Snowflake FAQs
- Amazon Redshift
- Can I move data between SaaS applications using Hevo?
- Can I change the primary key in my Destination table?
- How do I change the data type of table columns?
- Can I change the Destination table name after creating the Pipeline?
- How can I change or delete the Destination table prefix?
- How do I resolve duplicate records in the Destination table?
- How do I enable or disable deduplication of records?
- Why does my Destination have deleted Source records?
- How do I filter deleted Events from the Destination?
- Does a data load regenerate deleted Hevo metadata columns?
- Can I load data to a specific Destination table?
- How do I filter out specific fields before loading data?
- How do I sort the data in the Destination?
- dbt™ Models
- Familiarizing with the Models UI
- Types of Models
- Key Features
- Working with SQL Models
- Previewing a Model
- Viewing the Query History
- Legacy Models
- Models FAQs
- Account Management
- Personal Settings
- Team Settings
- Pricing Plans
- Time-based Events Buffer
- Setting up Pricing Plans, Billing, and Payments
- On-Demand Purchases
- Billing Alerts
- Viewing Billing History
- Billing Notifications
- Can I get a plan apart from the Starter plan?
- Are free trial Events charged once I purchase a plan?
- For how long can I stay on the Free plan?
- How can I upgrade my plan?
- Is there a discount for non-profit organizations?
- Can I seek a refund of my payment?
- Do ingested Events count towards billing?
- Will Pipeline get paused if I exceed the Events quota?
- Will the initial load of data be free?
- Does the Hevo plan support multiple Destinations?
- Do rows loaded through Models count in my usage?
- Is Hevo subscription environment-specific?
- Can I pause billing if I have no active Pipelines?
- Can you explain the pricing plans in Hevo?
- Where do I get invoices for payments?
- Account Suspension and Restoration
- Account Management FAQs
- Activate Concepts
- Familiarizing with the Activate UI
- Working with Activate
- Activate Warehouses
- Activate Targets
- Release Notes
- Release Version 2.13
- Release Version 2.12
- Release Version 2.11
- Release Version 2.10
- Release Version 2.09
- Release Version 2.08
- Release Version 2.07
- Release Version 2.06
- Release Version 2.05
- Release Version 2.04
- Release Version 2.03
- Release Version 2.02
- Release Version 2.01
- Release Version 2.00
- Release Version 1.99
- Release Version 1.98
- Release Version 1.97
- Release Version 1.96
- Release Version 1.95
- Release Version 1.93 & 1.94
- Release Version 1.92
- Release Version 1.91
- Release Version 1.90
- Release Version 1.89
- Release Version 1.88
- Release Version 1.87
- Release Version 1.86
- Release Version 1.84 & 1.85
- Release Version 1.83
- Release Version 1.82
- Release Version 1.81
- Release Version 1.80 (Jan-24-2022)
- Release Version 1.79 (Jan-03-2022)
- Release Version 1.78 (Dec-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.77 (Dec-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.76 (Nov-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.75 (Nov-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.74 (Oct-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.73 (Oct-04-2021)
- Release Version 1.72 (Sep-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.71 (Sep-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.70 (Aug-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.69 (Aug-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.68 (Jul-26-2021)
- Release Version 1.67 (Jul-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.66 (Jun-28-2021)
- Release Version 1.65 (Jun-14-2021)
- Release Version 1.64 (Jun-01-2021)
- Release Version 1.63 (May-19-2021)
- Release Version 1.62 (May-05-2021)
- Release Version 1.61 (Apr-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.60 (Apr-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.59 (Mar-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.58 (Mar-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.57 (Feb-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.56 (Feb-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.55 (Jan-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.54 (Jan-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.53 (Dec-22-2020)
- Release Version 1.52 (Dec-03-2020)
- Release Version 1.51 (Nov-10-2020)
- Release Version 1.50 (Oct-19-2020)
- Release Version 1.49 (Sep-28-2020)
- Release Version 1.48 (Sep-01-2020)
- Release Version 1.47 (Aug-06-2020)
- Release Version 1.46 (Jul-21-2020)
- Release Version 1.45 (Jul-02-2020)
- Release Version 1.44 (Jun-11-2020)
- Release Version 1.43 (May-15-2020)
- Release Version 1.42 (Apr-30-2020)
- Release Version 1.41 (Apr-2020)
- Release Version 1.40 (Mar-2020)
- Release Version 1.39 (Feb-2020)
- Release Version 1.38 (Jan-2020)
- Upcoming Features
UserVoice is a product feedback collection and management platform that enables you to gather feedback on your product from your target audience and make data-driven decisions based on that feedback. It is used by product managers and customer facing teams for prioritising product improvements based on the customer feedback analysis.
You can replicate the data from your UserVoice account to a Destination database or data warehouse using Hevo Pipelines. Hevo ingests the data objects in Full Load mode. Refer to section, Data Model for the list of supported objects.
UserVoice uses an API token to identify Hevo and authorize the request for accessing account data.
An active UserVoice account from which data is to be ingested.
You are assigned the Team Administrator, Team Collaborator, or Pipeline Administrator role in Hevo to create the Pipeline.
The API token to provide Hevo access to your UserVoice account data.
You are logged in as an Admin user to create the API token. Else, you can obtain the token from your administrator. Read Managing Permissions to know about the different types of users, and the permissions they have in UserVoice.
Creating the API Token
You must create an API token to authenticate Hevo on your UserVoice account. These API tokens do not expire and can be reused for all your Pipelines.
To create the API token:
Log in to your UserVoice account as an Admin user.
In the left navigation pane, click on the Settings ( ) icon, and then click Integrations.
In the Settings page, Integrations tab, under the Essential Plan Integrations section, click UserVoice API keys.
Click Add API key.
In the Add API key pop-up window that appears, do the following:
Specify a NAME for the API key.
Select the TRUSTED? check box.
Click Add API key.
Your API key is now visible under the UserVoice API keys section.
Click Create corresponding to the API key that you created.
Copy the API token and save it securely like any other password.
You have successfully created your API token. Use this token for creating Hevo Pipelines.
Configuring UserVoice as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure UserVoice as the Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Navigation Bar.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select UserVoice.
In the Configure your UserVoice Source page, specify the following:
Pipeline Name: A unique name for the Pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters.
API Token: The API token that you created in your UserVoice account.
Subdomain: The subdomain of your UserVoice site URL. For example, if your site URL is https://hevotest.uservoice.com, then the subdomain is hevotest.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|1 Hr||1 Hr||24 Hrs||1-24|
Note: You must set the custom frequency in hours as an integer value. For example, 1, 2, 3 but not 1.5 or 1.75.
Hevo ingests all the objects in Full Load mode in each run of the Pipeline.
Schema and Primary Keys
Hevo uses the following schema to upload the records in the Destination:
The following is the list of tables (objects) that are created at the Destination when you run the Pipeline:
|Attachments||Full Load||Contains the details of the files that you uploaded to your UserVoice account.|
|Categories||Full Load||Contains the details of the categories used to classify suggestions in a forum. For example, a category named Analytics may contain suggestions related to gathering of information, reporting, and creating of tables and graphs.|
|Comments||Full Load||Contains the details of the various comments made on the suggestions by the forum users.|
|External Accounts||Full Load||Contains the details of the external account, such as a data warehouse, database, and CRM linked to your UserVoice account.|
|External Users||Full Load||Contains the details of the user, such as ID, name, and email imported from external accounts.|
|Feature Statuses||Full Load||Contains the current status of a product feature.|
|Features||Full Load||Contains the details of the feedback received from multiple users, for various features in your product.|
|Feedback Records||Full Load||Contains the details of the feedback received from a user, for various features in your product.|
|Forum Invitations||Full Load||Contains the details such as the email address and form of authentication of the new user for granting them access to the forum.|
|Forums||Full Load||Contains the details of the discussion on suggestions, among end users.|
|Internal Flags||Full Load||Contains the details of the ideas that are considered significant and need attention from the admins of your UserVoice account.|
|Internal Status Updates||Full Load||Contains the details of the updates made to the suggestion’s internal status by the admins of your UserVoice account.|
|Internal Statuses||Full Load||Contains the details of a suggestion’s current status being displayed to the internal teams.|
|Labels||Full Load||Contains the details of the tags used by admins to organize suggestions within your UserVoice account.|
|Notes||Full Load||Contains the details of the internal suggestions communicated by the admins of your UserVoice account.|
|NPS Ratings||Full Load||Contains the details of the responses from users to a question about recommending the product or service to their friends or colleagues. These details are used to measure customer satisfaction.|
|Permissions||Full Load||Contains the details of the various permissions that can be granted to users by the admins of your UserVoice account.|
|Product Areas||Full Load||Contains the details of the groups to which the features are assigned.|
|Segmented Values||Full Load||Contains the details of the supporter metrics for a segment.|
|Segments||Full Load||Contains the details of all the segments in your UserVoice account. A segment is created by filtering users and accounts according to your requirements.|
|Status Updates||Full Load||Contains the details of the updates made to the suggestion’s status by the admins of your UserVoice account.|
|Statuses||Full Load||Contains the details of a suggestion’s current status being displayed to the end users.|
|Suggested Merges||Full Load||Contains the details of the ideas that can be merged together.|
|Suggestion Activity Entries||Full Load||Contains the details of the events that are affecting the suggestions.|
|Suggestions||Full Load||Contains the details of the changes suggested to your product. These changes can be suggested internally by the employees within your company or by your customers.|
|Supporter Messages||Full Load||Contains the details of the messages sent from the admins of your UserVoice account to the supporters of a suggestion.|
|Supporters||Full Load||Contains the details of the users that voted on a suggestion.|
|Teams||Full Load||Contains the details of all the teams belonging to your UserVoice account. These teams are used to classify the feedback captured from users.|
|Users||Full Load||Contains the details of all the users that gather feedback, such as administrators and employees of the company, as well as the end users who provide feedback to the company.|
Read the detailed Hevo documentation for the following related topics:
Pagination: Each API response for each UserVoice object fetches one page with up to 100 records.
Rate Limit: UserVoice imposes a limit on the number of API calls that can be made in a specific time interval. These rate limits are based on your UserVoice plan. Read Rate Limiting to know more about rate limits in UserVoice.
Hevo currently does not support deletes. Therefore, any data deleted in the Source may continue to exist in the Destination.
The data is loaded in Full Load mode in each Pipeline run. As a result, you cannot load the historical data alone at any time.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|