- About Hevo
- Hevo Features
- Hevo System Architecture
- Core Concepts
- Free Trials
- Regulatory Compliance
- Scheduling a Demo
- Hevo Support
- General FAQs
- Getting Started
- Creating an Account in Hevo
- Connecting Through SSH
- Connecting Through Reverse SSH Tunnel
- Using Google Account Authentication
- How Hevo Authenticates Sources and Destinations using OAuth
- Reauthorizing an OAuth Account
- Familiarizing with the UI
- Creating your First Pipeline
- Data Loss Prevention and Recovery
- Data Ingestion
- Types of Data Synchronization
- Ingestion Modes and Query Modes for Database Sources
- Ingestion and Loading Frequency
- Data Ingestion Statuses
- Deferred Data Ingestion
- Handling of Primary Keys
- Handling of Updates
- Handling of Deletes
- Hevo-generated Metadata
- Data Loading
- Loading Data in a Database Destination
- Loading Data to a Data Warehouse
- Optimizing Data Loading for a Destination Warehouse
- Manually Triggering the Loading of Events
- Scheduling Data Load for a Destination
- Loading Events in Batches
- Data Loading Statuses
- Data Spike Alerts
- Name Sanitization
- Table and Column Name Compression
- Parsing Nested JSON Fields in Events
- Data Flow in a Pipeline
- Familiarizing with the Pipelines UI
Working with Pipelines
- Best Practices for Creating Database Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Connectivity Check for RDBMS Sources
- Scheduling a Pipeline
- Modifying a Pipeline
- Prioritizing a Pipeline
- Viewing Pipeline Progress
- Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline
- Log-based Pipelines
- Troubleshooting Data Replication Errors
- Managing Objects in Pipelines
Python Code-Based Transformations
- Supported Python Modules and Functions
Transformation Methods in the Event Class
- Create an Event
- Retrieve the Event Name
- Rename an Event
- Retrieve the Properties of an Event
- Modify the Properties for an Event
- Fetch the Primary Keys of an Event
- Modify the Primary Keys of an Event
- Fetch the Data Type of a Field
- Check if the Field is a String
- Check if the Field is a Number
- Check if the Field is Boolean
- Check if the Field is a Date
- Check if the Field is a Time Value
- Check if the Field is a Timestamp
- Convert Date String to Required Format
- Convert Date to Required Format
- Convert Datetime String to Required Format
- Convert Epoch Time to a Date
- Convert Epoch Time to a Datetime
- Convert Epoch to Required Format
- Convert Epoch to a Time
- Get Time Difference
- Parse Date String to Date
- Parse Date String to Datetime Format
- Parse Date String to Time
- Examples of Python Code-based Transformations
Drag and Drop Transformations
- Special Keywords
Transformation Blocks and Properties
- Add a Field
- Change Datetime Field Values
- Change Field Values
- Drop Events
- Drop Fields
- Find & Replace
- Flatten JSON
- Format Date to String
- Format Number to String
- Hash Fields
- Mask Fields
- Modify Text Casing
- Parse Date from String
- Parse JSON from String
- Parse Number from String
- Rename Events
- Rename Fields
- Round-off Decimal Fields
- Split Fields
- Examples of Drag and Drop Transformations
- Effect of Transformations on the Destination Table Structure
- Transformation Reference
- Transformation FAQs
- Python Code-Based Transformations
- Using Schema Mapper
- Mapping Statuses
- Auto Mapping Event Types
- Manually Mapping Event Types
- Modifying Schema Mapping for Event Types
- Schema Mapper Actions
- Fixing Unmapped Fields
- Resolving Incompatible Schema Mappings
- Resizing String Columns in the Destination
- Schema Mapper Compatibility Table
- Limits on the Number of Destination Columns
- File Log
- Troubleshooting Failed Events in a Pipeline
- Mismatch in Events Count in Source and Destination
- Activity Log
- Can multiple Sources connect to one Destination?
- What happens if I re-create a deleted Pipeline?
- Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
- Can I change the Destination post-Pipeline creation?
- How does changing the query mode affect data ingestion?
- Why is my billable Events high with Delta Timestamp mode?
- Can I drop multiple Destination tables in a Pipeline at once?
- How does Run Now affect scheduled ingestion frequency?
- Will pausing some objects increase the ingestion speed?
- Can I see the historical load progress?
- Why is my Historical Load Progress still at 0%?
- Why is historical data not getting ingested?
- How do I set a field as a primary key?
- How do I ensure that records are loaded only once?
- Events Usage
- Free Sources
Databases and File Systems
- Data Warehouses
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Generic MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas
- Support for Multiple Data Types for the _id Field
- Example - Merge Collections Feature
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1001 - Incorrect credentials
- Error 1005 - Connection timeout
- Error 1006 - Invalid database hostname
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1008 - Database unreachable
- Error 1011 - Insufficient access
- Error 1028 - Primary/Master host needed for OpLog
- Error 1029 - Version not supported for Change Streams
- SSL 1009 - SSL Connection Failure
- Troubleshooting MongoDB Change Streams Connection
- Troubleshooting MongoDB OpLog Connection
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Amazon RDS SQL Server
- Azure SQL Server
- Google Cloud SQL Server
- Generic SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server FAQs
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud MySQL
- Generic MySQL
- MariaDB MySQL
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1003 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1006 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1011 - Access denied
- Error 1012 - Replication access denied
- Error 1017 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1026 - Failed to connect to database
- Error 1027 - Unsupported BinLog format
- Failed to determine binlog filename/position
- Schema 'xyz' is not tracked via bin logs
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- MySQL FAQs
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Errors during Pipeline creation
- Error 1003 - Authentication failure
- Error 1006 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1011 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1012 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1014 - Database does not exist
- Error 1017 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1023 - No pg_hba.conf entry
- Error 1024 - Number of requested standby connections
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors during Pipeline creation
- PostgreSQL FAQs
- Troubleshooting Database Sources
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- FTP / SFTP
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Android SDK
- Writing JSONPath Expressions
REST API FAQs
- Why does my REST API token keep changing?
- Can I use a bearer authorization token for authentication?
- Does Hevo’s REST API support API chaining?
- What is the maximum payload size returned by a REST API?
- How do I split an Event into multiple Event Types?
- How do I split multiple values in a key into separate Events?
- Jira Cloud
- QuickBooks Time
- Finance & Accounting Analytics
- Amazon Ads
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Page Insights
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Play Console
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Advertising
- Pinterest Ads
- SendGrid Webhook
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- YouTube Analytics
- Product Analytics
Sales & Support Analytics
- Help Scout
- Hub Planner
- Salesforce Bulk API V2
- Toggl Track
- From how far back can the Pipeline ingest data?
- Can I connect to a Source not listed in Hevo?
- Can I connect a local database as a Source?
- How can I push data to Hevo API?
- How do I connect a CSV file as a Source?
- Why are my selected Source objects not visible in the Schema Mapper?
- How does the Merge Table feature work?
- Familiarizing with the Destinations UI
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- SQL Server
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Limitations of using MySQL as a Destination
- Structure of Data in the Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Amazon Redshift Destination
- Amazon Redshift FAQs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Clustering in BigQuery
- Partitioning in BigQuery
- Loading Data to a Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Near Real-time Data Loading using Streaming
- Troubleshooting Google BigQuery
- Google BigQuery FAQs
- Hevo Managed Google BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Snowflake
- Snowflake FAQs
- Amazon Redshift
- Can I move data between SaaS applications using Hevo?
- Can I change the primary key in my Destination table?
- How do I change the data type of table columns?
- Can I change the Destination table name after creating the Pipeline?
- How can I change or delete the Destination table prefix?
- How do I resolve duplicate records in the Destination table?
- How do I enable or disable deduplication of records?
- Why does my Destination have deleted Source records?
- How do I filter deleted Events from the Destination?
- Does a data load regenerate deleted Hevo metadata columns?
- Can I load data to a specific Destination table?
- How do I filter out specific fields before loading data?
- How do I sort the data in the Destination?
- dbt™ Models
- Familiarizing with the Models UI
- Types of Models
- Key Features
- Working with SQL Models
- Previewing a Model
- Viewing the Query History
- Legacy Models
- Models FAQs
- Account Management
- Personal Settings
- Team Settings
- Pricing Plans
- Time-based Events Buffer
- Setting up Pricing Plans, Billing, and Payments
- On-Demand Purchases
- Billing Alerts
- Viewing Billing History
- Billing Notifications
- Can I get a plan apart from the Starter plan?
- Are free trial Events charged once I purchase a plan?
- For how long can I stay on the Free plan?
- How can I upgrade my plan?
- Is there a discount for non-profit organizations?
- Can I seek a refund of my payment?
- Do ingested Events count towards billing?
- Will Pipeline get paused if I exceed the Events quota?
- Will the initial load of data be free?
- Does the Hevo plan support multiple Destinations?
- Do rows loaded through Models count in my usage?
- Is Hevo subscription environment-specific?
- Can I pause billing if I have no active Pipelines?
- Can you explain the pricing plans in Hevo?
- Where do I get invoices for payments?
- Account Suspension and Restoration
- Account Management FAQs
- Activate Concepts
- Familiarizing with the Activate UI
- Working with Activate
- Activate Warehouses
- Activate Targets
- Release Notes
- Release Version 2.16.4
- Release Version 2.16.3
- Release Version 2.16.2
- Release Version 2.16.1
- Release Version 2.16
- Release Version 2.15
- Release Version 2.14
- Release Version 2.13
- Release Version 2.12
- Release Version 2.11
- Release Version 2.10
- Release Version 2.09
- Release Version 2.08
- Release Version 2.07
- Release Version 2.06
- Release Version 2.05
- Release Version 2.04
- Release Version 2.03
- Release Version 2.02
- Release Version 2.01
- Release Version 2.00
- Release Version 1.99
- Release Version 1.98
- Release Version 1.97
- Release Version 1.96
- Release Version 1.95
- Release Version 1.93 & 1.94
- Release Version 1.92
- Release Version 1.91
- Release Version 1.90
- Release Version 1.89
- Release Version 1.88
- Release Version 1.87
- Release Version 1.86
- Release Version 1.84 & 1.85
- Release Version 1.83
- Release Version 1.82
- Release Version 1.81
- Release Version 1.80 (Jan-24-2022)
- Release Version 1.79 (Jan-03-2022)
- Release Version 1.78 (Dec-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.77 (Dec-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.76 (Nov-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.75 (Nov-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.74 (Oct-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.73 (Oct-04-2021)
- Release Version 1.72 (Sep-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.71 (Sep-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.70 (Aug-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.69 (Aug-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.68 (Jul-26-2021)
- Release Version 1.67 (Jul-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.66 (Jun-28-2021)
- Release Version 1.65 (Jun-14-2021)
- Release Version 1.64 (Jun-01-2021)
- Release Version 1.63 (May-19-2021)
- Release Version 1.62 (May-05-2021)
- Release Version 1.61 (Apr-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.60 (Apr-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.59 (Mar-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.58 (Mar-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.57 (Feb-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.56 (Feb-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.55 (Jan-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.54 (Jan-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.53 (Dec-22-2020)
- Release Version 1.52 (Dec-03-2020)
- Release Version 1.51 (Nov-10-2020)
- Release Version 1.50 (Oct-19-2020)
- Release Version 1.49 (Sep-28-2020)
- Release Version 1.48 (Sep-01-2020)
- Release Version 1.47 (Aug-06-2020)
- Release Version 1.46 (Jul-21-2020)
- Release Version 1.45 (Jul-02-2020)
- Release Version 1.44 (Jun-11-2020)
- Release Version 1.43 (May-15-2020)
- Release Version 1.42 (Apr-30-2020)
- Release Version 1.41 (Apr-2020)
- Release Version 1.40 (Mar-2020)
- Release Version 1.39 (Feb-2020)
- Release Version 1.38 (Jan-2020)
- Upcoming Features
Replicating data from your QBO account to a Destination of your choice comprises the following one-time setups:
Creating an app in your QBO account. Read Create and start developing your app for the steps to do this.
Allowing Hevo to connect with the created app and read data from a company in your account. For this, you must grant Hevo the requested permissions.
Next, you can create a Pipeline in Hevo and replicate the data from your QBO account.
Note: You can create only one Pipeline per company in your QBO account.
An active QuickBooks Online (QBO) account from which you want to ingest data.
The API credentials to grant Hevo access to your QBO account data.
Configuring QuickBooks Online as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure QuickBooks Online as the Source in your Pipeline:
Click PIPELINES in the Navigation Bar.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select QuickBooks Online.
In the Configure your Quickbooks Online account page, click + ADD QUICKBOOKS ONLINE ACCOUNT.
In the Sign in page, enter your login credentials, and click Sign In.
In the QuickBooks App Store page, do the following:
From the drop-down, select the company from which you want to ingest data and click Next.
Specify your company name and click Create company.
Click Connect to grant Hevo access to the selected company’s data.
In the Configure your QuickBooks Online Source page, specify the following:
Pipeline Name: A unique name for your Pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters.
Authorized Account (Non-editable): This field is pre-filled with the unique ID of the company that you selected earlier when connecting your QuickBooks Online account.
Historical Sync Duration: The duration for which the existing data in the Source must be ingested. Default duration: 6 Months.
Note: If you select All Available Data, Hevo ingests all the data available in your QuickBooks Online account since January 01, 2000.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to setting up data ingestion and the Destination.
|Default Ingestion Frequency||Minimum Ingestion Frequency||Maximum Ingestion Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|15 Mins||15 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
Note: The custom frequency must be set in hours as an integer value. For example, 1, 2, and 3 but not 1.5 or 1.75.
Historical Data: In the first run of the Pipeline, Hevo ingests historical data for all the objects on the basis of the historical sync duration selected at the time of creating the Pipeline and loads it to the Destination. Default duration: 6 Months.
Incremental Data: Once the historical load is completed, Hevo ingests the new and updated data daily.
The following is the list of tables (objects) that are created at the Destination when you run the Pipeline:
|Account||Contains details of the transactions and money coming in (income or revenue) and money going out (expenses).|
|Bill||Contains details of the accounts payable transactions from a third party for goods or services offered, received, or both.|
|Bill Payment||Contains details of the payment transactions for a bill received by a business from a vendor for goods or services bought.|
|Budget||Contains details of the current status of the allocations set up in your user’s company file.
A designated amount is assigned for an account or a customer on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis. It shows how much money they can spend in a given period.
|Class||Contains details of the various segments of your business. These segments are independent of particular clients or projects. For example, you can define classes to break down the money earned and spent by each business segment.|
|Company Currency||Contains details of a currency used by a company in your QBO account. This applies only to companies that have enabled multi-currency.|
|Credit Memo||Contains details of financial transactions, such as a refund, a credit of payment, or a partial payment, for goods or services that you have sold.|
|Customer||Contains details of the buyers of the service or product that your company offers.|
|Department||Contains details of the transactions as per their physical locations, such as stores, sales regions, or countries.|
|Deposit||Contains details of the transactions such as customer payments and direct deposits.|
|Employee||Contains details of the people working for a company in your QBO account.|
|Estimate||Contains details of the financial transactions planned by a company in your account for selling goods or services to customers.|
|Invoice||Contains details of the sales forms showing transactions for the product or service bought, where the customer makes a payment later.|
|Item||Contains details of the items that your company buys, sells, or re-sell. An item is shown as a line on an invoice or other sales form.|
|Journal Entry||Contains details of the individual line items of a transaction comprising a debit and a credit, which balance each other out. The total of the debit column equals the total of the credit column.|
|Payment||Contains details of entries made in QuickBooks of the amounts received against invoices and credit memos.|
|Payment Method||Contains details of the mode of payment for received goods.|
|Purchase||Contains details of expenses made, such as goods bought from a vendor.|
|Purchase Order||Contains details of non-posting transactions of requests made to buy goods or services from a third party.|
|Refund Receipt||Contains details of refunds made to a customer for the provided product or service.|
|Sales Receipt||Contains details of payments made by customers for the services or goods they bought.|
|Tax Code||Contains details of the codes assigned to products, services, and customers to check if they are taxable or non-taxable. For example, a sales tax code to calculate the sales tax rate.|
|Tax Rate||Contains details of the rates applied to calculate tax liability.|
|Tax Agency||Contains details of the agency that collects taxes as per the associated tax rate.|
|Term||Contains details of the conditions applied to a sale. A term is usually expressed in the form of days due. For example, net 30 means the payment must be made within 30 days.|
|Time Activity||Contains details of the time duration for which a vendor or an employee in your company have worked.|
|Transfer||Contains details of the transactions made when funds are moved between two accounts in the your company’s chart of accounts.|
|Vendor||Contains details of the sellers from whom your company buys any service or product.|
|Vendor Credit||Contains details of accounts payable transactions, such as a refund or a credit of payment, for goods or services. It is an amount that the vendor owes you. For example, for an overpaid bill or returned goods.|
- QuickBooks Online (QBO) APIs allow a soft delete of records from list objects, such as Customer, Account, and Vendor. In a soft delete, QBO does not delete the records, instead marks them as inactive by setting their
activefield to False. QuickBooks Online does not show these records in its UI.
- Hevo replicates the deleted data only for the Account object.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Sep-20-2023||NA||Updated the page contents to reflect the latest QuickBooks Online user interface (UI).|
|Aug-23-2023||NA||Updated the content to improve page readability.|
|Sep-05-2022||NA||Updated section, Data Replication to reorganize the content for better understanding and coherence.|