- About Hevo
- Hevo Features
- Hevo System Architecture
- Core Concepts
- Free Trials
- Regulatory Compliance
- Scheduling a Demo
- Hevo Support
- General FAQs
- Getting Started
- Creating an Account in Hevo
- Connecting Through SSH
- Connecting Through Reverse SSH Tunnel
- Using Google Account Authentication
- How Hevo Authenticates Sources and Destinations using OAuth
- Reauthorizing an OAuth Account
- Familiarizing with the UI
- Creating your First Pipeline
- Data Loss Prevention and Recovery
- Data Ingestion
- Types of Data Synchronization
- Ingestion Modes and Query Modes for Database Sources
- Ingestion and Loading Frequency
- Data Ingestion Statuses
- Deferred Data Ingestion
- Handling of Primary Keys
- Handling of Updates
- Handling of Deletes
- Hevo-generated Metadata
- Data Loading
- Loading Data in a Database Destination
- Loading Data to a Data Warehouse
- Optimizing Data Loading for a Destination Warehouse
- Manually Triggering the Loading of Events
- Scheduling Data Load for a Destination
- Loading Events in Batches
- Data Loading Statuses
- Data Spike Alerts
- Name Sanitization
- Table and Column Name Compression
- Parsing Nested JSON Fields in Events
- Data Flow in a Pipeline
- Familiarizing with the Pipelines UI
Working with Pipelines
- Best Practices for Creating Database Pipelines
- Creating a Pipeline
- Connectivity Check for RDBMS Sources
- Scheduling a Pipeline
- Modifying a Pipeline
- Prioritizing a Pipeline
- Viewing Pipeline Progress
- Pausing and Deleting a Pipeline
- Log-based Pipelines
- Troubleshooting Data Replication Errors
- Managing Objects in Pipelines
Python Code-Based Transformations
- Supported Python Modules and Functions
Transformation Methods in the Event Class
- Create an Event
- Retrieve the Event Name
- Rename an Event
- Retrieve the Properties of an Event
- Modify the Properties for an Event
- Fetch the Primary Keys of an Event
- Modify the Primary Keys of an Event
- Fetch the Data Type of a Field
- Check if the Field is a String
- Check if the Field is a Number
- Check if the Field is Boolean
- Check if the Field is a Date
- Check if the Field is a Time Value
- Check if the Field is a Timestamp
- Convert Date String to Required Format
- Convert Date to Required Format
- Convert Datetime String to Required Format
- Convert Epoch Time to a Date
- Convert Epoch Time to a Datetime
- Convert Epoch to Required Format
- Convert Epoch to a Time
- Get Time Difference
- Parse Date String to Date
- Parse Date String to Datetime Format
- Parse Date String to Time
- Examples of Python Code-based Transformations
Drag and Drop Transformations
- Special Keywords
Transformation Blocks and Properties
- Add a Field
- Change Datetime Field Values
- Change Field Values
- Drop Events
- Drop Fields
- Find & Replace
- Flatten JSON
- Format Date to String
- Format Number to String
- Hash Fields
- Mask Fields
- Modify Text Casing
- Parse Date from String
- Parse JSON from String
- Parse Number from String
- Rename Events
- Rename Fields
- Round-off Decimal Fields
- Split Fields
- Examples of Drag and Drop Transformations
- Effect of Transformations on the Destination Table Structure
- Transformation Reference
- Transformation FAQs
- Python Code-Based Transformations
- Using Schema Mapper
- Mapping Statuses
- Auto Mapping Event Types
- Manually Mapping Event Types
- Modifying Schema Mapping for Event Types
- Schema Mapper Actions
- Fixing Unmapped Fields
- Resolving Incompatible Schema Mappings
- Resizing String Columns in the Destination
- Schema Mapper Compatibility Table
- Limits on the Number of Destination Columns
- File Log
- Troubleshooting Failed Events in a Pipeline
- Mismatch in Events Count in Source and Destination
- Activity Log
- Can multiple Sources connect to one Destination?
- What happens if I re-create a deleted Pipeline?
- Why is there a delay in my Pipeline?
- Can I change the Destination post-Pipeline creation?
- Why is my billable Events high with Delta Timestamp mode?
- Can I drop multiple Destination tables in a Pipeline at once?
- How does Run Now affect scheduled ingestion frequency?
- Will pausing some objects increase the ingestion speed?
- Can I see the historical load progress?
- Why is my Historical Load Progress still at 0%?
- Why is historical data not getting ingested?
- How do I set a field as a primary key?
- How do I ensure that records are loaded only once?
- Events Usage
- Free Sources
Databases and File Systems
- Data Warehouses
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Amazon DocumentDB
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Generic MongoDB
- MongoDB Atlas
- Support for Multiple Data Types for the _id Field
- Example - Merge Collections Feature
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1001 - Incorrect credentials
- Error 1005 - Connection timeout
- Error 1006 - Invalid database hostname
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1008 - Database unreachable
- Error 1011 - Insufficient access
- Error 1028 - Primary/Master host needed for OpLog
- Error 1029 - Version not supported for Change Streams
- SSL 1009 - SSL Connection Failure
- Troubleshooting MongoDB Change Streams Connection
- Troubleshooting MongoDB OpLog Connection
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Amazon RDS SQL Server
- Azure SQL Server
- Google Cloud SQL Server
- Generic SQL Server
- Troubleshooting SQL Server
- SQL Server FAQs
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS MySQL
- Azure MySQL
- Google Cloud MySQL
- Generic MySQL
- MariaDB MySQL
Errors During Pipeline Creation
- Error 1003 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1006 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1007 - SSH connection failed
- Error 1011 - Access denied
- Error 1012 - Replication access denied
- Error 1017 - Connection to host failed
- Error 1026 - Failed to connect to database
- Error 1027 - Unsupported BinLog format
- Failed to determine binlog filename/position
- Schema 'xyz' is not tracked via bin logs
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors During Pipeline Creation
- MySQL FAQs
- Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
- Azure PostgreSQL
- Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Generic PostgreSQL
- Heroku PostgreSQL
Errors during Pipeline creation
- Error 1003 - Authentication failure
- Error 1006 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1011 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1012 - Access role issue for logical replication
- Error 1014 - Database does not exist
- Error 1017 - Connection settings errors
- Error 1023 - No pg_hba.conf entry
- Error 1024 - Number of requested standby connections
- Errors Post-Pipeline Creation
- Errors during Pipeline creation
- PostgreSQL FAQs
- Troubleshooting Database Sources
- Amazon S3
- Azure Blob Storage
- FTP / SFTP
- Google Cloud Storage (GCS)
- Google Drive
- Google Sheets
- Android SDK
- Writing JSONPath Expressions
REST API FAQs
- Why does my REST API token keep changing?
- Can I use a bearer authorization token for authentication?
- Does Hevo’s REST API support API chaining?
- What is the maximum payload size returned by a REST API?
- How do I split an Event into multiple Event Types?
- How do I split multiple values in a key into separate Events?
- Jira Cloud
- QuickBooks Time
- Finance & Accounting Analytics
- Amazon Ads
- Apple Search Ads
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Page Insights
- Firebase Analytics
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Play Console
- Google Search Console
- Instagram Business
- LinkedIn Ads
- Microsoft Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- SendGrid Webhook
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Snapchat Ads
- TikTok Ads
- Twitter Ads
- YouTube Analytics
- Product Analytics
Sales & Support Analytics
- Help Scout
- Hub Planner
- Salesforce Bulk API V2
- Toggl Track
- From how far back can the Pipeline ingest data?
- Can I connect to a Source not listed in Hevo?
- Can I connect a local database as a Source?
- How can I push data to Hevo API?
- How do I connect a CSV file as a Source?
- Why are my selected Source objects not visible in the Schema Mapper?
- How does the Merge Table feature work?
- Familiarizing with the Destinations UI
- Amazon Aurora MySQL
- SQL Server
- Connecting to a Local Database
- Limitations of using MySQL as a Destination
- Structure of Data in the Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to an Amazon Redshift Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Amazon Redshift Destination
- Amazon Redshift FAQs
- Azure Synapse Analytics
- Clustering in BigQuery
- Partitioning in BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Google BigQuery Data Warehouse
- Near Real-time Data Loading using Streaming
- Troubleshooting Google BigQuery
- Google BigQuery FAQs
- Hevo Managed Google BigQuery
- Structure of Data in the Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Loading Data to a Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Troubleshooting Snowflake
- Snowflake FAQs
- Amazon Redshift
- Can I move data between SaaS applications using Hevo?
- Can I change the primary key in my Destination table?
- How do I change the data type of table columns?
- Can I change the Destination table name after creating the Pipeline?
- How can I change or delete the Destination table prefix?
- How do I resolve duplicate records in the Destination table?
- How do I enable or disable deduplication of records?
- Why does my Destination have deleted Source records?
- How do I filter deleted Events from the Destination?
- Does a data load regenerate deleted Hevo metadata columns?
- Can I load data to a specific Destination table?
- How do I filter out specific fields before loading data?
- How do I sort the data in the Destination?
- dbt™ Models
- Familiarizing with the Models UI
- Types of Models
- Key Features
- Working with SQL Models
- Previewing a Model
- Viewing the Query History
- Legacy Models
- Models FAQs
- Account Management
- Personal Settings
- Team Settings
- Pricing Plans
- Time-based Events Buffer
- Setting up Pricing Plans, Billing, and Payments
- On-Demand Purchases
- Billing Alerts
- Viewing Billing History
- Billing Notifications
- Can I get a plan apart from the Starter plan?
- Are free trial Events charged once I purchase a plan?
- For how long can I stay on the Free plan?
- How can I upgrade my plan?
- Is there a discount for non-profit organizations?
- Can I seek a refund of my payment?
- Do ingested Events count towards billing?
- Will Pipeline get paused if I exceed the Events quota?
- Will the initial load of data be free?
- Does the Hevo plan support multiple Destinations?
- Do rows loaded through Models count in my usage?
- Is Hevo subscription environment-specific?
- Can I pause billing if I have no active Pipelines?
- Can you explain the pricing plans in Hevo?
- Where do I get invoices for payments?
- Account Suspension and Restoration
- Account Management FAQs
- Activate Concepts
- Familiarizing with the Activate UI
- Working with Activate
- Activate Warehouses
- Activate Targets
- Release Notes
- Release Version 2.18
- Release Version 2.17
- Release Version 2.16
- Release Version 2.15
- Release Version 2.14
- Release Version 2.13
- Release Version 2.12
- Release Version 2.11
- Release Version 2.10
- Release Version 2.09
- Release Version 2.08
- Release Version 2.07
- Release Version 2.06
- Release Version 2.05
- Release Version 2.04
- Release Version 2.03
- Release Version 2.02
- Release Version 2.01
- Release Version 2.00
- Release Version 1.99
- Release Version 1.98
- Release Version 1.97
- Release Version 1.96
- Release Version 1.95
- Release Version 1.93 & 1.94
- Release Version 1.92
- Release Version 1.91
- Release Version 1.90
- Release Version 1.89
- Release Version 1.88
- Release Version 1.87
- Release Version 1.86
- Release Version 1.84 & 1.85
- Release Version 1.83
- Release Version 1.82
- Release Version 1.81
- Release Version 1.80 (Jan-24-2022)
- Release Version 1.79 (Jan-03-2022)
- Release Version 1.78 (Dec-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.77 (Dec-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.76 (Nov-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.75 (Nov-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.74 (Oct-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.73 (Oct-04-2021)
- Release Version 1.72 (Sep-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.71 (Sep-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.70 (Aug-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.69 (Aug-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.68 (Jul-26-2021)
- Release Version 1.67 (Jul-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.66 (Jun-28-2021)
- Release Version 1.65 (Jun-14-2021)
- Release Version 1.64 (Jun-01-2021)
- Release Version 1.63 (May-19-2021)
- Release Version 1.62 (May-05-2021)
- Release Version 1.61 (Apr-20-2021)
- Release Version 1.60 (Apr-06-2021)
- Release Version 1.59 (Mar-23-2021)
- Release Version 1.58 (Mar-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.57 (Feb-22-2021)
- Release Version 1.56 (Feb-09-2021)
- Release Version 1.55 (Jan-25-2021)
- Release Version 1.54 (Jan-12-2021)
- Release Version 1.53 (Dec-22-2020)
- Release Version 1.52 (Dec-03-2020)
- Release Version 1.51 (Nov-10-2020)
- Release Version 1.50 (Oct-19-2020)
- Release Version 1.49 (Sep-28-2020)
- Release Version 1.48 (Sep-01-2020)
- Release Version 1.47 (Aug-06-2020)
- Release Version 1.46 (Jul-21-2020)
- Release Version 1.45 (Jul-02-2020)
- Release Version 1.44 (Jun-11-2020)
- Release Version 1.43 (May-15-2020)
- Release Version 1.42 (Apr-30-2020)
- Release Version 1.41 (Apr-2020)
- Release Version 1.40 (Mar-2020)
- Release Version 1.39 (Feb-2020)
- Release Version 1.38 (Jan-2020)
- Upcoming Features
On This Page
- Creating an Instagram Business account
- Linking a Facebook Page to your Instagram Business account
- Configuring Instagram Business as a Source
- Data Replication
- Schema and Primary Keys
- Data Model
- Source Considerations
- Revision History
Instagram Business is used by both content creators and businesses to publish posts and stories. You need an Instagram Business account to get insights on how these posts and stories and your account are performing.
Instagram is managed by Facebook. Therefore, each of your Instagram Business accounts must be linked to a Facebook page. However, one Facebook account may be linked to up to five Instagram Business accounts. To fetch your Instagram data, Hevo uses your Facebook login credentials to authenticate the respective Instagram Business account.
You can create Pipelines in Hevo that read your data using Instagram’s Graph API and load it to a Destination system of your choice.
For creating Pipelines using this Source, Hevo provides you a fully managed BigQuery data warehouse as a possible Destination. This option remains available till the time you set up your first BigQuery Destination irrespective of any other Destinations that you may have. With the managed warehouse, you are only charged the cost that Hevo incurs for your project in Google BigQuery. The invoice is generated at the end of each month and payment is recovered as per the payment instrument you have set up. You can now create your Pipeline and directly start analyzing your Source data. Read Hevo Managed Google BigQuery.
Instagram currently supports linking an Instagram Business account to a Facebook page only via the mobile app.
Your personal Facebook account must have an
adminrole on the Facebook Page you are connecting to.
Creating an Instagram Business account
You can convert your personal Instagram profile to a business account to access the features that enable you to grow your business.
NOTE: Skip this section if you already have an Instagram Business account.
To switch your profile to a business account:
Log in to your Instagram profile in your mobile.
Click the hamburger menu in the upper right corner.
Note: For some accounts, the Switch to Professional Account option is listed directly under Settings.
Click Switch to Professional Account.
Add your business details, such as, your business category and contact information.
Linking a Facebook Page to your Instagram Business account
You must link a Facebook page to the Instagram Business account as Hevo uses a Facebook login to authenticate your Instagram Business account.
To do this:
Log in to your Instagram profile using your mobile.
Click Edit Profile.
Under Public business information (Profile Information), click Page.
Select a page from the list of pages that you want to connect to or select Create a new Facebook Page.
Follow the steps prompted by the application and click Done.
Configuring Instagram Business as a Source
Perform the following steps to configure Instagram Business as a Source in Hevo:
Step 1. Add an Instagram Business account
Click PIPELINES in the Navigation Bar.
Click + CREATE in the Pipelines List View.
In the Select Source Type page, select Instagram Business.
In the Configure your Instagram Business account page, do one of the following:
Select a previously configured account and click CONTINUE.
Click + ADD INSTAGRAM BUSINESS ACCOUNT and perform the following steps to configure an account:
Log in to Instagram using the Facebook account linked to your Instagram Business account(s). Hevo uses Facebook login to connect to the linked Instagram Business account.
Select the Instagram Business account(s) whose data you want to replicate and click Next.
Note: Only the Instagram Business account(s) linked to a Facebook page are available for selection.
For the Instagram Business account(s) you selected in the previous step, select the corresponding Facebook page(s), and then, click Next.
Enable all the four options to authorize Hevo to access the data and click Done.
Click OK in the confirmation dialog.
The Instagram Business account is successfully added in Hevo.
Step 2. Configure the Instagram Business Source settings
In the Configure your Instagram Business Source page, specify the following:
Pipeline Name: A unique name for the Pipeline, not exceeding 255 characters.
Instagram Business account: Select the Instagram Business accounts. Default: All.
Note: Only the Instagram Business accounts for which you have selected the linked Facebook pages are available for selection.
Historical Sync Duration: The duration for which you want to ingest the existing data from the Source. Default duration: 1 Year.
Click TEST & CONTINUE.
Proceed to configuring the data ingestion and setting up the Destination.
|Default Pipeline Frequency||Minimum Pipeline Frequency||Maximum Pipeline Frequency||Custom Frequency Range (Hrs)|
|10 Mins||5 Mins||24 Hrs||1-24|
Note: The custom frequency must be set in hours, as an integer value. For example, 1, 2, 3 but not 1.5 or 1.75.
Historical Data: The first run of the Pipeline ingests historical data for the selected objects on the basis of the historical sync duration specified at the time of creating the Pipeline and loads it to the Destination. Default duration: 1 Year.
Incremental Data: Once the historical data ingestion is complete, every subsequent run of the Pipeline fetches new and updated data for the following objects:
media_comment_insights. This is available from Release 1.78. For existing Pipelines, full load for this object will be stopped and incremental data ingestion be started instead.
The default ingestion frequency is 10 minutes.
media-comment-insightscorresponds to the following Event Types in the Schema Mapper:
Note: From Release 1.86, Hevo ingests only new and updated data for Full Load objects to optimize the quota consumption. This feature is currently available on request only. You need to contact Hevo Support to enable it for your team.
Schema and Primary Keys
date field represents the dates in which data was generated in Instagram. However, for the object
user_insights_rolling_week, it represents the last date of the 7-day duration for which the data is aggregated. For example, if the date is 31/03/2021, then the object
user_insights_rolling_week contains the aggregated data for the duration 25/03/3021 to 31/03/2021.
Hevo uses the following schema to upload the records in the Destination:
The following tables (objects) are created in the Destination when you run the Pipeline:
|user_detail||Contains details about the Instagram business account.|
|page_detail||Contains details about the Facebook page linked to the Instagram Business account.|
|user_insights_lifetime||Contains aggregated insights of the account over a lifetime.|
|user_insights_rolling_day||Contains aggregated insights of the account for the last two days.|
|user_insights_rolling_week||Contains aggregated insights of the account for the last seven days.|
|user_insights_rolling_days28||Contains aggregated insights of the account for the last 28 days.|
|media_detail||Contains details about the type of media content posted from your account.|
|video_insights_lifetime||Contains aggregated insights for the videos posted from your account over a lifetime.|
|carousel_album_insights_lifetime||Contains aggregated insights for the carousel albums posted from your account over a lifetime.|
|image_insights_lifetime||Contains aggregated insights for the images posted from your account over a lifetime.|
|story_insights_lifetime||Contains aggregated insights for the stories posted from your account over a lifetime.|
|comment||Contains details of all the comments posted on the media posts of the account.|
Instagram allows you to fetch data of up to two years from the current date.
Instagram allows you to create a business account and link it to Facebook only via the mobile app.
Instagram Business aggregates the
follower_countmetric over a rolling window of the last 30 days. It does not capture any data updates made outside of this window.
Hevo fetches only the latest 10,000 media entities each time the media_detail object is ingested due to the constraints imposed by Instagram.
- Hevo currently does not support the Hashtags object.
Refer to the following table for the list of key updates made to this page:
|Date||Release||Description of Change|
|Oct-17-2022||NA||Updated the section, Source Considerations to include information about the rolling window imposed by Instagram on the ingestion of the follower_count metric.|
|Jul-27-2022||NA||Updated Note in section, Data Replication.|
|Apr-11-2022||1.86||Added a note in section, Data Replication to inform about optimized quota consumption for Full Load objects.|
|Dec-20-2021||1.78||Added ‘media_comment_insights’ to the list of objects under Data Replication, Incremental Data section.|
|Oct-25-2021||NA||Added the Pipeline frequency information in the Data Replication section.|
|Sep-20-2021||1.72||- Replaced media with media_detail in the Data Replication and Data Model sections.
- Updated the section, Source Considerations to include information about the constraints imposed by Instagram on the ingestion of the media_detail object.
|Jul-26-2021||NA||Added a note in the Overview section about Hevo providing a fully-managed Google BigQuery Destination for Pipelines created with this Source.|