Microsoft SQL Server
ON THIS PAGE
Hevo can load data from any of your pipelines into a Microsoft SQL Server database. In this document, we will walk through the steps to add Microsoft SQL Server as a destination.
- The database user must have CREATE TABLE, ALTER, SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and USAGE grants on the database.
1. Add Destination
A destination can either be added while creating a pipeline or by heading to DESTINATIONS tab on the left navigation and clicking on ADD DESTINATION button.
2. Select destination type
In the right pane, click on Select Destination Type drop-down and select SQL Server.
3. Provide connection details
- Destination Name: A unique name for this destination.
- Database Host: SQL Server host’s IP address or DNS.
- Database Port: The port on which your SQL Server is listening for connections (default is 1433).
- Database User: A user with a non-administrative role of the SQL Server database.
- Database Password: Password for the user.
- Database Name: Name of the destination database where data will be dumped.
- Database Schema: Name of the destination database schema (Default = dbo)
- If you want to connect to Hevo using an SSH tunnel, check How to Connect through SSH. Else, you will have to whitelist Hevo’s IP addresses as listed here.
4. Test connection
After filling the details, click on Test Connection button to test connectivity to the destination Postgres server.
5. Save connection
Once the test is successful, save the connection by clicking on Save Destination.