Creating a Workflow
The Workflow panel appears on clicking the WORKFLOW link. The side panel lists the workflows in your Hevo account. You can search for a workflow or create one by clicking the CREATE WORKFLOW button. Let’s begin by creating a new workflow.
For instance, suppose that we have Models created as follows:
1. Model for Customer details. (Name: customer_details)
2. Model for Product details. (Name: product_details)
3. Model for Sales insights. (Name: sales_insights)
Now, we are going to create a Workflow for these Models.
Create a Workflow
1. Click on Add New Step. A drop-down dialogue box with the list of Models is displayed.
2. From the drop-down, select the desired Models one by one.
- Hover the mouse over the Model name to find a + symbol.
- Click the + symbol to connect two Models.
For instance, we are going to connect the Models as per the above scenario. The Workflow makes sure that the dependencies (
product\_details) run first and then
sales\_insights runs and load the data.
Note You cannot use the Models that are in Draft state.
Use of Workflows
Once the Workflow created and the schedule has set for that, the respective data is loaded to the table (here it’s
sales\_insights table) on each successful run of the Workflow.