Release Version 2.17
On This Page
The content on this site may have changed or moved since you last viewed it. As a result, some of your bookmarks may become obsolete. Therefore, we recommend accessing the latest content via the Hevo Docs website.
To know the list of features and integrations we are working on next, read our Upcoming Features page!
In this Release
New and Changed Features
Removed Support for On-Demand Events
- Starting Release 2.17, Hevo has stopped supporting the purchase of On-Demand Events. However, you can continue to use any On-Demand Events already bought till these are exhausted. For any additional requirement of Events, you can set up an On-Demand Credit of up to 60% of your base plan quota.
Removed Support for Firebolt as a Destination
- Starting Release 2.17, Hevo has stopped supporting Firebolt as a Destination type. As a result, you will not be able to configure new Firebolt Destinations. Any existing Pipelines will continue to be supported. You can also create new Pipelines with your existing Firebolt Destination.
Migration to Version 2023-07 of the Shopify API
Objects Changes Draft Order - Addition of the poNumber field. Order - Addition of the poNumber, current_total_additional_fees_set, and original_total_additional_fees_set fields.
- Deletion of processing method field.
Order Shipping Line - Deletion of the device_category field.
Note: This is an outdated field and is being deprecated in version 2023-07.
Transaction - Addition of the credit_card_name, credit_card_wallet, credit_card_expiration_month, and credit_card_expiration_year fields.
To avoid any data loss, please make the necessary adjustments to accommodate these changes. If you need the historical data for any of the new fields, you can restart the historical load for the respective object.
This change applies to all new and existing Pipelines created with Shopify App as the Source.
Removed Support for Change Position in MySQL and Oracle Pipelines
- Starting Release 2.17, Hevo has stopped supporting Change Position in log-based MySQL and Oracle Pipelines. As a result, you will not be able to ingest data from a different offset than that determined by Hevo.
Salesforce Bulk API V2 as a Source
Integrated Salesforce Bulk API V2, an improved version of Salesforce, for handling large amounts of data, as a Source in Hevo.
This Source is available for all new and existing customers. However, existing customers must contact Hevo Support to get it enabled for their teams. Currently, the Source is in Early Access, which means that the Events loaded to the Destination using this Source are free.
To use this integration, you must authorize Hevo to access the Salesforce Bulk API V2 account from where you want to ingest the data.
Read Salesforce Bulk API V2.
Limited Availability of Hevo Workflows
- Effective Release 2.17, Workflows are supported only for existing customers. Users signing up from Release 2.17 onwards cannot create Workflows. For more information, please contact Hevo Support or your account executive.
Hevo achieves Google Cloud Ready – Cloud SQL designation
- Hevo has achieved the Google Cloud Ready – Cloud SQL designation. This designation validates that Hevo adheres to strict standards of reliability and performance for our integrations. This means that your data is securely and reliably managed in Cloud SQL, Google Cloud’s fully managed relational database service for MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQL Server.
Fixes and Improvements
Handling of Internal Errors in Destinations
- Fixed an issue whereby some Pipelines were failing due to an intermittent issue while loading data to a Destination.
Optimized Historical Load Parallelization
- Extended the functionality of historical load parallelization to retry Events that failed during ingestion. This is an improvement over the earlier behavior in which failed Events were not retried, causing Pipeline failures.
Additional Validations while Configuring PostgreSQL Sources
Enhanced the connectivity checker to validate if the database contains only foreign tables, temporary tables, or views, as Hevo does not support them. This prevents any errors that may arise post-Pipeline creation.
This change is applicable to PostgreSQL Pipelines (any variant) created after Release 2.16.3.
Handling of Data Ingestion in Amazon S3
- Fixed an issue whereby some Pipelines were getting stuck due to parallelization issues while ingesting data from an Amazon S3 account. This fix applies to all new and existing Pipelines.
Handling Data Ingestion in Google Cloud PostgreSQL
- Fixed an issue to ensure that Pipelines do not fail while parsing TRUNCATE commands, even though Hevo does not support these.
Handling Data Ingestion in Hubspot
- Fixed an issue whereby some Pipelines were getting stuck if ingesting more than 100 records having the same timestamp in the Line Items object. This fix applies to all new and existing Pipelines.
Handling Data Ingestion in Instagram Business
- Fixed an issue whereby Pipelines were getting stuck while ingesting data from Instagram accounts that were converted from personal to business before Pipeline creation. This change is applicable to all new and existing Pipelines.
Handling of Temporary Tables in PostgreSQL
- Fixed an issue whereby temporary tables were being ingested in Pipelines created with PostgreSQL (any variant) as the Source. This change applies to all new and existing Pipelines.
Handling of Ingestion Delay for Azure Blob Storage
- Fixed an issue whereby objects were not being ingested because of an internal error and were stuck in the queued state.
Improved Visibility of Objects in Pipelines
- Fixed an issue whereby some objects selected during Pipeline creation were not displayed in the Pipeline Overview page. This fix applies to all database and data warehouse Sources (except Elasticsearch and Google BigQuery) and Salesforce.
Handling of Execution Delay in Models
- Fixed an issue where Models were not being run because of an internal error and were stuck in the queued state.
The following pages have been created, enhanced, or removed in Release 2.17:
- Purchasing On-Demand Events (Removed)